Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Atlantic City Poker Questions

Hi guys, I am making my first trip up to AC in about a week and want to know about which games are recommended. For nl, if I want to buy in about $300 at a time, would you guys recommend buying in the full amount at 1-2 or buying in a little short for the 2-5? Is the quality of these two games significantly different? Also, for limit in the 5-10 through about 10-20 range, are there any particularly juicy games? I've heard a lot about the pink chip game so that may be what I do. Any other suggestions for this range would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 07-29-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Atlantic City Poker Questions

1/2 NL, best game in town is at Caesars hands down. People play very bad there and the game is super loose. Buy in for the max.

Borgata will have the most 2/5 games going on any day of the week. I wouldn't suggest buying in for less than the max, its a swingy game. I usually end up re-buying when I get down to $400 and many times I am in for $800-900 before I start hitting some big hands. You wan't to have $500 in front of you at all times so when you get a big hand you get paid. The 2/5 players are generally better than the 1/2 players, but if you select the right game I'm sure you can find just as many donkeys.

Don't know anything about the limit games.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:41 PM

Borgata is the place to be, 10-20 tables of 1-2 nl going on during the weekends. Best time to play is after dinner Friday and Saturday, thats when the drunks and gamblers start to give away their money. But they rarely fold to bluffs, but will call 100 dollars with middle pair. During the day the people tend to be more weak tight. Table selection is more important then. And of course then you should bluff left and right.

The people playing sit-n-go's suck, though the 100+20 only pays first 2 places, which makes for high variance if you go card dead. The 250+20 pays 3 places I believe, which is nicer if you can afford it.

Limit is very boring live, which means a lotta people give away money playing with 9 5 off suit. Then again its limit and when 9 5 off suit flops a boat against your AA, you might go crazy. Theres 1 or 2 tables of 5-10 Limit, and usually 2-4 tables of 10-20. Both are juicy. But at only 30 hands an hour or so, you must realize it will take some time for your skill to give you lots of money.

- Mandor
Old 07-29-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1/2 NL, best game in town is at Caesars hands down. People play very bad there and the game is super loose. Buy in for the max.

Borgata will have the most 2/5 games going on any day of the week. I wouldn't suggest buying in for less than the max, its a swingy game. I usually end up re-buying when I get down to $400 and many times I am in for $800-900 before I start hitting some big hands. You wan't to have $500 in front of you at all times so when you get a big hand you get paid. The 2/5 players are generally better than the 1/2 players, but if you select the right game I'm sure you can find just as many donkeys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play a lot in the Caesar's 1/2 and 2/5 games? Advice is spot on, wonder if I've played with you, this is where I play pretty much 100% of the time.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play a lot in the Caesar's 1/2 and 2/5 games? Advice is spot on, wonder if I've played with you, this is where I play pretty much 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too...as in 50-70 hours/wk throughout all of june and july
Old 07-29-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me too...as in 50-70 hours/wk throughout all of june and july

[/ QUOTE ]

You never responded to my PM asking if you were the kid in the Yankees hat last weekend in the 2/5. You play only during the week or weekends as well?
Old 08-01-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to play 30 hours a week at Caesars when I was playing 1/2. I've probably played about 100 hours of 2/5 there before I made borgata my home. I like the availibility of the games at borgata and the floor runs everything much better over there. The floor at Caesars has no idea how to run that room on the weekend when it gets crowded, its a joke.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:02 AM

I would def. recommend 2/5 in AC, i used to play 1/2 up there and then played 2/5 one day and havent looked back since. I usually buy in with $300-400 but thats at the Tropicana, hilton, Taj. I dont play the Borgata to often other then their tournies but they do have a very nice poker room.

As for limit games, Pink chip - Tropicana has the best Pink Game going hands down but sometimes you have to ask them to run it during the week. Weekends its usually always running. 5/10 limit and up I'd say Borgata, Tropicana, Taj (although its a dump IMO) in that order.

Not sure about Ceasars but I am definitely going to check it out after seeing the above posts. I've been playing AC for awhile and just have become accustomed to playing only a few places. Guess its time check out Ceasars.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:03 AM

caesars take an extra rake of $1 for their bad beat jackpot. stick to borgata and you'll want to go back.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:06 AM

Trop ain't what it used to be either.

New ownership is trying to hard to get poker out of there. Trop used to have a packed room just about any night during the summer. It's not that way anymore.

Caesar's was and still is one of the softest games in town. But you'll either win a ton of money there or loss a ton. Strap yourself in.