Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 12-01-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Sharkscope, Pokerdb, etc

[ QUOTE ]
Sharkscope is already on 'Stars list of banned programs, so I'd advise against having it running while you're on the site.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you telling me that Stars knows the websites you're browsing while you're playing poker? That seems a little far-fetched and, if true, a little invasive.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they are the worst thing for online poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. They are simply making the game a tougher one to beat by making this data accessible and tangible.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:03 AM

my brother is a high winning cash player and uses sngs to dick around and push all-in every hand. its funny when he is playing 3/6, 5/10, or 10/20NL and people at his table are like "hahaha you are -2k on sharkscope!!!!" probably makes him tons of money of idiots thinking he sucks based off this.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These sites and the whole culture surrounding them are terrible for online poker imo and it'd be cool to see them disappear. It won't happen though.

I wonder what it'd do to big live games if there was a big ranking list in Bellagio that'd say "Sammy Farha -10m" etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're fun to look at, but you're absolutely right. I know at least one losing player who has quit PokerStars b/c he heard sharkscope mentioned in chat, looked up his own stats compared to others, and realized how Broke he was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fyp

Ps: I have a few friends with quite bad sharkscope graphs, they just go there when they are doing well.

And if someone quits playing because Sharkscope makes them realize they have a gambling problem , then thats good.

ToT

[/ QUOTE ]

I use to be the person who got a very lucky suckout and then was told, "fish youre down $150 and are supertilting, hahahha". I was like wtf are you talking about,then when i was told about sharkscope. i thought it was emabarasing to have a fish bowl next to my name and its what drove me to get better. Now im on the leaderboard and fu to the haters.

[x] thinly veiled brag post
Old 12-02-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sharkscope is already on 'Stars list of banned programs, so I'd advise against having it running while you're on the site.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you telling me that Stars knows the websites you're browsing while you're playing poker? That seems a little far-fetched and, if true, a little invasive.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know party use to send people warnings for going to forbidden websites (pokeredge iirc) so im assuming its in the toc when we downloaded stars that they can track what sites we go to
Old 12-02-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my brother is a high winning cash player and uses sngs to dick around and push all-in every hand. its funny when he is playing 3/6, 5/10, or 10/20NL and people at his table are like "hahaha you are -2k on sharkscope!!!!" probably makes him tons of money of idiots thinking he sucks based off this.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is his name