Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-14-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Message to PokerRoad regarding durrrr

i enjoyed that interview. the hosts talk over each other too much though and have some weird obsession with online vs live poker players.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:44 PM

Of course not, these idiots just love to hate on a guy. They are [censored] clown shoes.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:55 PM

Online player vs. live player grudge match would be awesome fun.

I'm quite sure that any of the top NLHE online guys would love to play some high stakes deep stack NLHE with any of the "live pros", and for the most part the live pros have never taken them up on that.

I'm sure that if Gavin or Joe wanted to play a $100k freezeout someone here would take that action in about 2 seconds [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

(BTW playing 9-handed in a big field full of droolers is a very different scenario; guys like DN and PH would be huge dogs in a HU match but are probably favorites to last longer in a WSOP field)
Old 11-14-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have an idea for a tourney series.
$10M per team - 2 teams, online and live, 20 per team
50 Tourneys online and 50 live (so you get a semi-good sample)
1/2 prizepool goes to individual tourney's, 1/2 to overall team structure - so this way each person is competing against everyone, not just opposite team (no team play like Pokerbowl, though)
Per Tourney payout (assuming $10M per team)
1st - $55k
2nd - $20k
3rd - $15k
4th - $10k

Then with the team payout the winning team would split the remaining $10M. Scoring for teams would be as follows (least amount of total points wins)
1st - 1 point
40th - 40 points

Obviously this would only work if people had the time and resources to play as it would be $200k per person and to play 100 tournaments in addition to what people normally play would be difficult, but I think if the amount of money is high enough it could happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would never work. Poker is an individual game. The minute you have a teammate or begin to think about the overall standings/points etc...it completely changes the way you play. If the other 8 players at the table aren't all villains, then softplaying, chipdumping and other factors would come into play. Example...3 online players and 2 cash game players remain in the 100th event and the online players need the top 3 spots to win the title, they would never attempt to knock out one of their 'teammates'and lose 50% of the prize pool. Team Poker does not work.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:41 PM

If this is considered spam then delete but I am posting it because it relates to the topic thread.

In the same episode as this the guys suggested setting up a pokerroad forum. By no means to compete with 2+2 but to have a home for the fans of the show.

I'm trying to organise a forum at http://pokerroad.mybb2.com/ and thought posters in this thread might be interested in joining the forum or even being a moderator and helping develop the forum.

Again, I stress I'm not trying to steal chatter away from the forum - the hosts even said they want the word to spread on these forums. I think it would just be nice to have a dedicated site for fans of the site.

I don't work for pokerroad by the way, I'm the guy who sent the e-mail that was read out on the show.

Thanks - vgjfelix.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have an idea for a tourney series.
$10M per team - 2 teams, online and live, 20 per team
50 Tourneys online and 50 live (so you get a semi-good sample)
1/2 prizepool goes to individual tourney's, 1/2 to overall team structure - so this way each person is competing against everyone, not just opposite team (no team play like Pokerbowl, though)
Per Tourney payout (assuming $10M per team)
1st - $55k
2nd - $20k
3rd - $15k
4th - $10k

Then with the team payout the winning team would split the remaining $10M. Scoring for teams would be as follows (least amount of total points wins)
1st - 1 point
40th - 40 points

Obviously this would only work if people had the time and resources to play as it would be $200k per person and to play 100 tournaments in addition to what people normally play would be difficult, but I think if the amount of money is high enough it could happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would never work. Poker is an individual game. The minute you have a teammate or begin to think about the overall standings/points etc...it completely changes the way you play. If the other 8 players at the table aren't all villains, then softplaying, chipdumping and other factors would come into play. Example...3 online players and 2 cash game players remain in the 100th event and the online players need the top 3 spots to win the title, they would never attempt to knock out one of their 'teammates'and lose 50% of the prize pool. Team Poker does not work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or instead of having team structures just double the payouts on the 100 tourneys and just keep a running total of who has done better with no monetary compensation for the team aspect, just bragging rights.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:57 PM

Durrific.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:59 PM

op ur a scrub. gavin is the [censored]. hes been in the game forever. dudes smart as hell if you listen to him talk bout poker. and barts the biggest deutch ever.