Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Aces face agression on flop

Just earlier I had got this guy all in when he had top pair with a king kicker and I had the ace kicker, of course he turned the king on me, but that doesn't matter. So I know he's more than willing to stack off with TPGK. I'm only showing down strong hands and haven't run any bluffs besides C-bets.
Should I raise more preflop?
Was my play here spewey?

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (MP): $10
CO: $9.65
BTN: $1.70
SB: $17.80
BB: $10.40
UTG: $6.80

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.30</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.70 and is All-In</font>, BB calls $6.20

Turn: ($20.30) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($20.30) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $20.30 Pot ($1 Rake)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and LOST (-$10 NET)
BB showed and LOST (-$10 NET)
Old 11-09-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Aces face agression on flop

Interesting results. How did you both manage to lose $10 on the hand? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyway, that donkbet alone doesn't scare me too much, but I start getting very worried when Villain follows up with a min/4-bet. But you're getting into that near-committed territory if you play against that 4-bet, and at least you know Villain is capable of playing for stacks on the flop with TPGK.

So it seems all right to me. Nevertheless, it is one of those hands where I'm not happy about how the action ultimately went, and as I watch the cards peel off and hit the board, I'm anticipating getting stacked.

Earlier, in the face of a donkbet that's a little over 1/2 pot, I think just calling is an option. The drawy nature of the board and the third player's presence does make me want to raise, but on the other hand having both a K and a Q on the board makes me want to be cautious. Nevertheless, since your main opponent sounds aggressive, playing for a medium-sized pot may very well not really be an option, and, really, I think your flop raise is fine.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Aces face agression on flop

Can a mod edit out the results for me? I thought I deleted them.
Edit: Forget it.. I just noticed it says we both lost..

Yea, I raised because of the drawy board and that fact that we werent alone.