Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 02:48 PM

Default cbet sizes NLSNG

So I'd like to get everyone's opinion on what they like best concerning cbets. 1/2 pot? 2/3 pot? 3/4 pot?

against tight players who constantly fold to my cbets I like to make them 1/2 pot. Usually they are just as effective, and I save some chips.

Against loose players who call too much I like to make it a bit higher, since I likely have the better hand, and they are giving action.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: cbet sizes NLSNG

I try to mix it up quite a bit but you're right, the opponent type makes a big difference in how I distribute the mix.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:55 PM

I generally make everything half pot against a majority of players. With the stations I may bet higher with some hands but I really don't want to get into such a transparent pattern of bet sizes, even though most stations will almost certainly not be able to distinguish it. I mix up my turn and river bets a hell of a lot more.

Also, as for non stations, it seems that the half pot is either raised way too much or folded to way too much, so it is suffice IMO.

This may be untrue entirely, or untrue at other levels, but this is what I've done up until now for the most part.

Also, I tend to bet a little extra when an ace hits the flop against certain donks that call too much from bb and will fold on scary flops, mainly when I do not have the ace obv. Seems to get a much higher % of folds compared to the half pot bets against the same style player.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I tend to bet a little extra when an ace hits the flop against certain donks that call too much from bb and will fold on scary flops, mainly when I do not have the ace obv. Seems to get a much higher % of folds compared to the half pot bets against the same style player.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true and works in my experience.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:31 AM

Usually 2/3 for everything.

On thing I am trying to do more often though is change my bet size to make raising awkward for my opponent. E.g. 1500 stacks, 240 in the pot and you bet 240, opp is in a tough spot. A min raise let us draw (esp in pos), a standard raise pot commits him, and an all-in seems like overkill.

At least I hate being on the other end of that situation.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:50 AM

Always slightly over 1/2 pot to pot sized bet.

If blinds are 15/30, I raise to 90 and they call, I am at least betting 100 on the flop in position, usually 120. 90 bet looks very suspicious to some players I have faced.
If out of position, I usually raise more, closer to 3/4 sized bet up to pot, but it also depends on the texture of the flop.