Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 05:43 PM

Default Green Plastic $5/10 hand with AK bluff

Hi, I was reading through an interesting blog post on tworags by a tateissy. The guy talks about a hand from a cardrunner video by Green Plastic. I kind of agree with the post and was wondering what others think about it. I've seen Green Plastic (Taylor) play before and usually respect his game. I don't want to reproduce the entire post (it's here), but a summary of it is:

$5/10 NL Ultimate Bet

Green Plastic on button with AhKh, limped to him he pops it $50, SB calls. Flop comes 3h9s8h. Checked to him, he bets $120.

Turn 9d, check to him, he checks.

River a js, SB bets $360, he pushes, it's another $500 to SB who calls. SB had QT so just filled his gut shot.

Anyway, I pretty much agree with the poster on tworags. Your thoughts?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Green Plastic $5/10 hand with AK bluff

gp playing 5-10?
BUSTO
Old 11-14-2006, 06:33 PM

Grim not playing at all?
BUSTO
Old 11-14-2006, 07:09 PM

I disagree with the blog, the guys reasoning is pretty awful.

I like the push ok, I like it a lot if the guy will instafold JT...I like it even more if villain is good enough to check raise a 9 or full house on the river after whiffing the turn CR (i guess unlikely).

-JP
Old 11-14-2006, 07:18 PM

The blog left out a lot of information. GP said during the video that he had played with Villain before and was fairly familiar with his play style, so saying that GP has absolutely no idea on what type of hand Villain could be betting w/ on the river is just wrong. Another thing he left out was that in the last few hands GP had been picking up a ton of pots with pure aggression without showdowns, which also was the reason why he ended up checking the turn, fearing that his opponent would CR almost any made hand. On the river I think GP's reasoning was that 9x just wasn't in Villains handrange based on how pf played out, and Villains bet indicated that he either had a very strong hand or was just outright bluffing with a missed draw or a small pocketpair, thus the shove.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:58 PM

What hands does the villian fold other than a bluff? It's $500 more to win $1500, right? Are you saying that the villian only calls with a nine against this aggressive hero? I don't see this at all. Sure he folds a missed flush draw, but what else? Bottom or middle pair? Maybe. But JJ+, full houses, and even a middle pair hand which is in the range are very good candidates to call. What hand would he put hero on with the check on the turn? GP doesn't check a 9 on the turn. No way. He also doesn't check a big pair. I just can't see how you're agreeing with this play.

I sure disagree with you here.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:05 PM

In case you are in fact replying to my post, note that I never said I agreed with the way he played the hand. GP himself thought he misplayed the hand by not potting the turn, though he said he still thought his river play was alright.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure he folds a missed flush draw, but what else? Bottom or middle pair? Maybe. But JJ+, full houses, and even a middle pair hand which is in the range are very good candidates to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Good luck with that.

edit: You have 900 posts. wow.
double edit: Think about you are saying. "Wow. I thought GP was good. How could he bluff in this spot? That is so surprising to me." and "If I was villain I would contemplate calling with bottom pair. That has to be good about 30% of the time here, right?"
Old 11-15-2006, 12:11 AM

I just read the blog. It is awful.

Don't read this crap anymore. He doesn't know how to play poker.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:14 AM

How can he bluff based on the fact that he checked the turn after betting PF and on the flop with a draw heavy board on the turn. And if I'm the villian and I saw that he was betting at every chance he had in previous hands, yes I would call with a wide range of hands. I'm not saying the villian would call with bottom pair, and I'm not saying I would call with bottom pair. But I certainly would call with any 9, and any pair over a 9 and all of these hands are very possible in this case. GP felt that villian only calls with a 9 accordiing to the blogger and I don't agree with that. Let's cut out the personal insults. Okay?