Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 12:51 PM

Default top pair monotone flop NLSNG

$11 turbo.

100 has been his standard cbet size. I dont have many outs to improve if behind where he has a ton.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1810)
Hero (t1190)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t60</font>, Hero calls t40.

Flop: (t120) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t340</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1750</font>, Hero calls t790 (All-In).
Old 04-24-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: top pair monotone flop NLSNG

do you have a general read about how aggro he is? i like the c/r if he's been cbetting 75%+ and i think the call is good as well.
depending on what he shows down, consider leading the flop in similar situations in the future (assuming you played him again)
Old 04-24-2007, 01:04 PM

so far he has cbet 100%, only about 10 hands to go by.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you have a general read about how aggro he is? i like the c/r if he's been cbetting 75%+ and i think the call is good as well.
depending on what he shows down, consider leading the flop in similar situations in the future (assuming you played him again)

[/ QUOTE ]

leading seems good here actually.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:22 PM

I like a lead here too I think, but I don't see any problem with your play given reads.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:33 PM

What about second barrel. Has he fired here often? What is your impression of him. Donk? Decent player? Often I just call here, hoping for a safe turn. If he has a hand like Adx your just a slight favourite. If a diamond, ace or king falls on the turn you can often safely fold turn if he fires another barrel unless he is really agressive. If the turn is safe I would either lead out big if he is not that aggressive, or check-push if he is aggressive.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:26 PM

I can think of 2 lines on the flop that are far superior to yours: bet/fold or check/call. Which one I'd do depends on the opponent; aggressiveness inclines me toward the latter option. Check-raising here is terrible IMO, you are committing yourself essentially in the dark.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can think of 2 lines on the flop that are far superior to yours: bet/fold or check/call. Which one I'd do depends on the opponent; aggressiveness inclines me toward the latter option. Check-raising here is terrible IMO, you are committing yourself essentially in the dark.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is a clear a bet/fold regardless of how aggressive villain is I dont think hes likely to take pot shots at this board often if he is that crazy Id prefer bet/3bet.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agree.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:06 PM

Cwar is right. Generally Check-raise is very bad with mediocore hands because your commiting your self with a weakish holding oop.