Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Neteller Update...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Neteller has de-certified all accounts, to stop peer 2 peer transfer to U.S. people.

They said they would re-certify within 10 days, and that time is up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true?

I was under the impression that only those non-US accounts that facilitated US peer-to-peer transfers were affected (by the decertification of US accounts)?

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT TRUE
My 'Certified' status never changed.
I'm a Cdn. who didn't do any peer-to-peers.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am curious as to why the Canadians who have posted about the checks bouncing are receiving their money via check. I always did an EFT from Neteller into my bank account. Is this not an option in Canada?

[/ QUOTE ]

EFT is certainly an option for us Canucks.
However, Neteller requires EFTs to be in Cdn funds to a Cdn $ bank account costing us a 1.9% exchange fee from our NT US$ accounts.
By getting a $US cheque sent to us we can deposit it straight into a $US account in our Cdn banks.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am curious as to why the Canadians who have posted about the checks bouncing are receiving their money via check. I always did an EFT from Neteller into my bank account. Is this not an option in Canada?

[/ QUOTE ]

EFT is certainly an option for us Canucks.
However, Neteller requires EFTs to be in Cdn funds to a Cdn $ bank account costing us a 1.9% exchange fee from our NT US$ accounts.
By getting a $US cheque sent to us we can deposit it straight into a $US account in our Cdn banks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-20-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that this is an option anymore... can someone confirm that they have been able to do this recently?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, does it appear that all of our money in neteller will be forever [censored] over? Are there ANY ways of getting our cash back? I'm freaking out here....

[/ QUOTE ]

The money is not "forever [censored] over"... however, if you are a US customer, you currently have No Options for withdrawal... Neteller is working with the DOJ to resolve this issue.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:19 PM

FWIW I just contacted Neteller support and the guy told me that the issue that was causing the checks to bounce (for Canadians) has been resolved and everything is fine now.

Hopefully this is true.

Also, why would anyone want to deposit a USD check into a USD account in a Cdn bank? Why not just have it converted and deposited into your regular checking/savings account or whatever?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, why would anyone want to deposit a USD check into a USD account in a Cdn bank? Why not just have it converted and deposited into your regular checking/savings account or whatever?

[/ QUOTE ]

They would do this, to avoid continually paying a currency exchange fee, for funds moving between sites.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:51 PM

Can someone answer this question: Can US citizens still open a Canadian bank account and get their money transfered to that account? What documentation do you need to provide?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:52 PM

Finally I got my money as a non US-citizen after may be 20 long phonecalls and 2 weeks of frustration. No email support or livechat possible. And I had two wait sometimes about 5 minutes to get one of these idiots at the phone.
I got many different responses from many different people at Neteller.

At least they are complete idiots. Are they also criminals? I am definitely not sure any longer! I hope not but I will never ever make business with them again!

I doubt that most people here know that Neteller has only a small callcenter in London but closed the callcenter in Calgary.

cheers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
slimbob
Old 02-20-2007, 10:37 PM

Again if any U.S. player has successfully set up a Canadian Bank account and got their money out of neteller, please describe how this was done. Thx.
Closed Thread