Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 03:59 AM

Default 20-40 Foxwoods Best player post

I will start this out with Billy Whitney, Josh, and Boston Brian, carry on.... Please post strenths and weaknesess not just blind speculation.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: 20-40 Foxwoods Best player post

[ QUOTE ]
Please post strenths and weaknesess not just blind speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay... so don't do what you just did? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2007, 01:17 PM

some of these are going to need specifics, i.e. josh. . .haha

Second, I think you need some other superlatives:

Best player in general: Billy Whitney
Best player for that particular game: Josh
Best player to have at your table: possibly tony pizza possibly miles possibly coach.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:21 PM

pizza tommy is awesome to have at the table but I've come to believe he isn't nearly as big of a fish as most seem to think (not that I think he's a winner or anything). However he can liven up a table like no one else can so he's great to sit with.

I'm not sure I know who billy whitney is. I think a lot of guys never come on the weekends (for example I've only played with Josh a handful of times if it's who I'm thinking of).
Old 02-22-2007, 04:01 PM

I don't play as much as I used to. But BW was one of the best around 2003/2004. Last couple of times I played with him, he played awful. Maybe it was just a fluke.

BB - that guys biggest strength is his hand reading ability. He always knows where he is. I've seen him correctly lay down monster hands. And I've seen him call down and win with Q high.

I've only played with Josh a couple of times, so I can't comment.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play as much as I used to. But BW was one of the best around 2003/2004. Last couple of times I played with him, he played awful. Maybe it was just a fluke.

BB - that guys biggest strength is his hand reading ability. He always knows where he is. I've seen him correctly lay down monster hands. And I've seen him call down and win with Q high.

I've only played with Josh a couple of times, so I can't comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

BW has been playing a little steamy lately IMO.. I've seen him c/c down several times HU against guys when he was clearly behind and it looked like he was just flat out frusterated.. that game can get to you sometimes, either that or its outside circumstances.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:17 PM

can someone describe what this guy looks like? I'm curious.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will start this out with Billy Whitney, Josh, and Boston Brian, carry on.... Please post strenths and weaknesess not just blind speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all of these guys have great skill sets. Josh is the one out of all of these guys I have the most playing hours with, and I think he plays the big streets (turn/riv) VERY well and dictates pot sizes against bad players very well. This is the one thing that impresses me the most about him. Another aspect that most dont think about is how he keeps the table atmosphere. Whenever he is at the table he is social and keeps the donkeys laughing and not paying fully attention to the poker play.. although he never gets distracted, and clearly it is all designed for the bad players.. i respect that.

billy plays the best solid poker, pretty much everybody knows that.

brian plays well against certain opponents.. meaning he adapts to who it is and attacks when necessary and eases off when his hand has no show down value vs. a calling station.. he plays "thinking" opponents very well and his ability to tilt people with his aggressive style is a good quality if you have several decent players in LP and the blind attacks are going.

I think Costa is also a very good player who switches up his game quite well, even though he is on the more conservative end of the spectrum.

Nicky M. plays well, and his game selection is his best asset obviously.. he knows everybody in the games a long longer than we all do. He also is a very smart guy and reads people well.

i think tommy ears is an underrated player when he's playing well.. which hasn't been the case for a long while. I do remember when he was playing well, that he could get a table flying with chips and get people to overplay their hands.. ive also seen him dump 6 racks and then leave w/ 11.. but if anybody knows him they know why this is so.

there are other guys i see that come in and out that play solidly but who knows what their long term results are.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone describe what this guy looks like? I'm curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a tall guy, dark features, VERY QUIET at the table.. plays pretty conservatively but VERY well when he's playing good.. i'd point him out to you some time if i knew who you were hah
Old 02-22-2007, 06:26 PM

how old is he? does he play a lot on weekends?