Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2006, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Seriously guys... why do they keep giving these idiots TV time?

How about Phil Gordon? This guy gets no TV time when he's playing and I think he's one of the most entertaining people out there. And he does it without being an ass.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:03 PM

I think he's kind of annoying personally.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you look dumber every time you post

[/ QUOTE ]

His post was logical and most likely 100% true. Yours was about as useless as perforated rubbers.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could have something to do with the fact that they finished 1st and 3rd in the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, yeah are they supposed to just not show the event?
Old 03-02-2006, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

They came after the boom began.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i'm misunderstanding your point here but didn't Hellmuth win his first bracelet, a main event bracelet, in 1989? correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that was before the poker boom, not after. also, his televised play in the 2003 WSOP when Moneymaker won was crucial to launching the "poker boom".
Old 03-02-2006, 02:55 PM

Yes, Hellmuth was playing poker back then. However, he was just a poker dork back then. Now he's got a made-for-tv over-inflated ego and he's a dick.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're gonna needle your opponents or trash talk, do it like Farha and at least be classy about it. There are a lot of class acts that I would rather get the air time... Negreanu, Raymer, Juanda, Greenstein, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought Sam taking pictures of all the players he busted was about the assiest thing I've ever seen at a poker table.

If I was one of his conquests, his pic of me would have been my fist, just milliseconds before I drove the camera-phone up his nose.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

They came after the boom began. Phil gets more obnoxious with each passing week. And personally, just judging from what I see on TV, he is weak/tight. The only brilliant play I've ever seen him make is the "I can dodge bullets baby" hand. And here I am a year later still hearing him brag about it on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played against the man for five hours on Monday at Shooting Star and he was anything but weak tight. He is an expert who can change his style to fit the situation. His achilles heel is his propensity to go on tilt when someone pisses him off. I witnessed him tilt off his stack after getting into it with another player over a suspected slowroll. Unbelievable.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're gonna needle your opponents or trash talk, do it like Farha and at least be classy about it. There are a lot of class acts that I would rather get the air time... Negreanu, Raymer, Juanda, Greenstein, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought Sam taking pictures of all the players he busted was about the assiest thing I've ever seen at a poker table.

If I was one of his conquests, his pic of me would have been my fist, just milliseconds before I drove the camera-phone up his nose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have loved to see one of those give him the finger an instant before he snapped thier picture. I thought the whole "Let me get your picture for my website" thing was a total load of douchebaggery, of course I guess that shouldn't surprise me since Sam Farha is most likely a huge douchebag.

Also, that K8 laydown Helmuth made w/ two-pair isn't that impressive if the action was correct in the description.