Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

View Poll Results: Rubber band from morning newspaper?
Yes. 3 100.00%
No. Get the blueprint sized ones. 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: HELP! (personal/low content)

I think that looks alright. That is, if I was a public servant I'd probably file this under "honest mistake" and not send the bounty hunters after you.

The real baller thing to do here would be to live up to your AC leanings and tell them to "[censored] off". It probably wouldn't go well for you, but it'd be pretty damn hard to call you a hypocrite.

Cody
Old 11-29-2007, 11:41 PM

Well, I don't consider it necessarily hypocritical as is. If someone puts a gun to my head I'll say or do what's necessary to avoid being shot. I'm just playing along here for practical purposes, because ignoring it and going to jail is not a price I want to pay.

But actually I've been thinking that if I end up with some sort of fine or criminal charge, I might raise a real stink with libertarian overtones. We'll see.

If anyone has any advice for even minor changes to the letter, please let me know.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I don't consider it necessarily hypocritical as is. If someone puts a gun to my head I'll say or do what's necessary to avoid being shot. I'm just playing along here for practical purposes, because ignoring it and going to jail is not a price I want to pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Dr. King, if we boycott the buses/have a sit in here/march on Wash D.C. they might throw us in jail and that's not a price I'm willing to pay.

[ QUOTE ]
But actually I've been thinking that if I end up with some sort of fine or criminal charge, I might raise a real stink with libertarian overtones. We'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all honesty, I hope you do this (I'm rooting for you to get off here, but if you don't then this would be great). I wish you all the luck in the world and hopefully you make the news/get a ton of coverage/etc.

Cody
Old 11-30-2007, 12:04 AM

If you send in that letter, it would help if you included proof that you were a student like a report card.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you send in that letter, it would help if you included proof that you were a student like a report card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't a piece of NY mail with his name on it also help (obv postmarked during the time he was there). If he's trying to establish residence, I have to think mail would do a decent job.

Cody
Old 11-30-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But Dr. King, if we boycott the buses/have a sit in here/march on Wash D.C. they might throw us in jail and that's not a price I'm willing to pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

For serious? Right, because Alawpoker could expect the same public support that civil rights protesters got.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For serious? Right, because Alawpoker could expect the same public support that civil rights protesters got.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes for serious. Long story short, if you think it's right, stand up for it.

Cody
Old 11-30-2007, 12:44 AM

So if you're being mugged at gun point, you should clench on to your wallet if you think theft is wrong?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes for serious. Long story short, if you think it's right, stand up for it.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Making such a huge -EV decision is only going to prevent him from spending time doing actually productive things, its a terrible idea.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:50 AM

What would happen if you told them you didn't receive the summons? Seems like it would be hard for the state to prove you did.