Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 PM

Default 200NL - TT OOP 3way pot. wtf!

Everest Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00/$2.00 (HH Converter by Kreatief)

<font color="blue">Main villain is a laggie regular, 28/25 after 650 hands. Definately a winner. I dunno if he pulls of huge bluffs, but he can read hands and he knows that I can fold hands. Initial raiser is a loose donkey. Turned out to play 65/18 after 80 hands, didn't have PT on while playing, but it was clear he was a donkey.</font>

MP2 ($322.46)
MP3 ($281.75)
CO ($322.15)
Button ($214.00)
SB ($214.30)
BB ($197.30) (Hero)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO calls $4.00, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls $3.00, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18.00</font>, MP2 calls $14.00, CO calls $14.00, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>,

<font color="blue">Standard, my hand is to good to play for set value against this donkey. The other villains probably have mediocre hands (PP's/SC's, because they would have made an isolation raise with (semi-)premiums.</font>

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( $60 )
Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks,

<font color="blue">I check the flop, because I expect the donk to make a bet so I can see what CO does. If CO folds, I call. If CO calls, I fold.</font>

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( $60 )
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $42.00</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO calls $42.00,

<font color="blue">The flops checks through, so on the turn I figure my hand must be good. I bet for protection and for value against the donk. I was surpised that the regular called me.</font>

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( $144 )
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $142.00</font>, Hero calls All-In $137.30.

<font color="blue">All draws have missed and there's no (little) value in a bet her imo. Villain shoves and I'm like WTF!?!!?! What is villain repping? Like my call?</font>
Old 11-29-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: 200NL - TT OOP 3way pot. wtf!

i dont really mind betting the flop. you'll often have the best hand, worse will call and ocassionally, better will fold (JJ). if i check i'm probably giving up.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:52 PM

I won't fold JJ out, donkey might have JJ but he ain't folding, while CO never has JJ here (he will try to isolate the fish with JJ pre-flop).

In hindsight I should have bet the flop I think. CO also rarely has a K, while the range of the donkey is reallly wide . I was prepared to give up once I checked, but after both villains checked behind I felt I was ahead here a lot.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:01 PM

I like this hand. There is a lot here.

I am a bit skewed by the fact that you told us information that you didn't know at the time. I will try and not use that information.

PF: I am not sure if I like the 3bet. You will most likely be out of position the entire time and TT is not that strong. You mention that one of the players is a good loose aggro player that you respect. Being OOP against him is going to suck. I would probably 3bet 30% of the time and call for set value 65% of the time and fold 5% of the time if MP was like 6/2 or something ridiculous.

Flop: I would b/f the flop. You have second pair and neither opponent can continue very well without a K or better. What was the plan with the check? Were you going to C/F I assume.. C/C??

Turn: Bet is fine. 42 is fine.

River: You have put 60 of 197 stack in the middle so far. There is $144 in the pot.
Options:
Value Bet: I doubt you are getting called by worse here. 77 is possible but that is the only hand that I can put him on that could get to the river. I don't see enough value in betting here.
Check/Call: You have an aggro opponent that has made it through a good bit of action to get to the river. There weren't too many draws throughout but the few that there were failed. I don't hate a check and call a reasonable bet... HOWEVER!!

He pushes a psb on the river:

He is pretty confident that you don't have a K from your flop check. He can't have JJ-&gt;AA since he didn't 3bet pre. I am pretty much smelling either air or a set. I smell a set here. Against a 19/13 nit I am folding fast. Against a 40/30 donkey I am calling fast, but this guy is right in the middle.

In the end, I don't think that I can call and put him on a set enough more than air (and possibly a K). It is close though.

Thoughts

SMS
Old 11-29-2007, 05:08 PM

Tnx for your reply.

My plan on the flop was to c/c against the donkey and to c/f against the guy I respect.

The combination of the facts that he should know that I probably don't have a K here given my flop check and his PSB on the river lead me to the same conclusion as yours, either a set or air.

I slightly discounted sets, because I was quite sure that he'd bet those at the flop. His big riverbet also didn't make sense with a set, since I don't rep a strong hand at all.