Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 05:32 PM

Default ATs OOP

Villian is: 33/23/4.1 after 120 hands.

My preflop raise is questionable. What do you think about flop and what to do on the turn?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $23.60
Hero (SB): $70.45
BB: $27.10
UTG: $25
CO: $27.05

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($5.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG calls $6

Turn: ($17.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Old 11-16-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: ATs OOP

First off, I don't 3bet ATs OOP against an UTG raise. Villian is pretty laggy but still, OTB raise is fine, OOP this is closer to a fold than a 3 bet. If you are going to 3bet, $4 at least.

I check this turn and hope for a free card. Villians bet sizing will depend on whether this is a call or not.

SMS
Old 11-16-2007, 05:54 PM

preflop is complete spew unless villain is really bad and you are awesome at play oop which you obv are not. these kind of hands are very difficult to play especially if you flop a draw oop. this is why i am not comfortable with playing those hands and you should just fold as well.
3 betting is even worse than calling and folding is way the best option here.
overbetting the pot on the flop is bad too b/c you donīt increase you fe most of the time and you give yourself bad oods to draw.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:01 PM

mediocre aces are not good hands to be 3 betting light with, especially OOP
Old 11-16-2007, 07:35 PM

Pre-flop play is terrible. Default = Fold. and if you are going to 3bet it it has to be bigger. Like $3.5

Overbetting the pot on the flop is terrible. Bet like 3.5-4.

Turn's a rough spot IMO as stacks make everything awkward. Just shove the turn I guess. Hopefully you have some FE and hopefully your A is an out.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:31 AM

You're make some serious mistakes here, you have to fold preflop and the flop is real bad. This is just spew, dont do it.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would recommend you guys read a thread/hand before determining that a spot is good or bad to 3 bet in.

This is an ideal spot to 3 bet, check villains stats and relate it to his likely actions to a 3bet and more importantly his range. so.....

this is a great spot to 3 bet in

this is a great pot to go after on the flop.

this is a really great pot to go after on the turn.

The only disclaimer I would add is that vs the avg 25nl guy this would be spew, but this guy (our villain) is not the typical 25nl villain and we need to pound his [censored] in these situations.

On this board after playing pf correctly by 3 betting I would felt it without a second thought if this guy challenged us on the flop or turn.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would recommend you guys read a thread/hand before determining that a spot is good or bad to 3 bet in.

This is an ideal spot to 3 bet, check villains stats and relate it to his likely actions to a 3bet and more importantly his range. so.....

The only disclaimer I would add is that vs the avg 25nl guy this would be spew, but this guy (our villain) is not the typical 25nl villain and we need to pound his [censored] in these situations.

On this board after playing pf correctly by 3 betting I would felt it without a second thought if this guy challenged us on the flop or turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said fold should be default. And if you were 3betting it should be bigger....disagree?

Also yea you bet the flop but I dont think the overbet is good....disagree?

And I arrived at the same decision to push turn as you did, but I don't think I'm as happy that this is such a good spot as you are.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said fold should be default. And if you were 3betting it should be bigger....disagree?

Also yea you bet the flop but I dont think the overbet is good....disagree?

And I arrived at the same decision to push turn as you did, but I don't think I'm as happy that this is such a good spot as you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

My comments are on the general play of this hand. I don't really think the + or - of .25 on his 3 bet matters.

I do agree with your point on the bet of the flop, I wouldn't overbet this flop oop or in pos. I'd bet whatever I'd been cbetting in general.

I didn't advocate a shove on the turn although I did say that I'd happily get it in on the turn or the flop.

I can't help how you feel about our position in this hand, its fine, I'm thrilled with how things are going in our favor from a. who the villain is, b. what the flop is, c. what our implied odds are from the flop on.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:09 AM

also I forgot, you said:

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop play is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.