Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 02:40 PM

Default UB won\'t let me withdraw!

UB has denied (for the 3rd time) my withdrawal request for $500. Finally this time I get the following...
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Sir/Madam,

In regards to your inquiry, your withdrawal was cancelled back to your Ultimatebet account as your withdrawal was not related to game-play.

Upon verification of your account, we noticed that you had deposited then withdrew immediately without playing.

In order to minimize fraudulent activity, please provide us with an explanation of the circumstances of this activity so we may proceed with your withdrawal request.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you require further assistance or additional information.

Best regards,

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been bonuswhoring but they didn't say anything about that it was simply for moving money in and out without playing. What's up with that. Did someone put Phil Helmuth in control! Anybody seen this before. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: UB won\'t let me withdraw!

[ QUOTE ]
UB has denied (for the 3rd time) my withdrawal request for $500. Finally this time I get the following...
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Sir/Madam,

In regards to your inquiry, your withdrawal was cancelled back to your Ultimatebet account as your withdrawal was not related to game-play.
Upon verification of your account, we noticed that you had deposited then withdrew immediately without playing.

In order to minimize fraudulent activity, please provide us with an explanation of the circumstances of this activity so we may proceed with your withdrawal request.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you require further assistance or additional information.

Best regards,

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been bonuswhoring but they didn't say anything about that it was simply for moving money in and out without playing. What's up with that. Did someone put Phil Helmuth in control! Anybody seen this before. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most sites to the best of my knowlege do not let you simple deposit and then withdraw without playing, especially if there is a bonus involved. Im no expert but it is understandable that they do this. Play-----Win-----Withdraw.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:57 PM

You'll probably have to keep playing a little longer. I don't think they like you depositing, clearing the bonus, and then withdrawing right away. Some other people have had this same problem and I think they just played more before withdrawing.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:00 PM

I have seen dozens of threads about this topic over the last few months and it is always the same thing. You have to play before you withdraw. Any site that would allow you to deposit, get a bonus, and then withdraw without even playing would not last very long because everyone would be getting free money with no risk at all. Nice try but I bet you have to play an amount at least equal to a significant percentage of your deposit before you can withdraw
Old 05-12-2007, 03:24 PM

I must totally disagree with you Narib. It is not UB's money, it is the player's money. Unless UB has told a player in advance that there are conditions for withdrawal, it has absolutely no right to deny the withdrawal.

This would not be any issue whatsoever with any kind of business except internet gambling. I am curious why you want to defend such an absurd policy.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I must totally disagree with you Narib. It is not UB's money, it is the player's money. Unless UB has told a player in advance that there are conditions for withdrawal, it has absolutely no right to deny the withdrawal.

This would not be any issue whatsoever with any kind of business except internet gambling. I am curious why you want to defend such an absurd policy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only do we have these threads on a regular basis, we end up having this debate almost every time as well. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

While there's no question it SHOULD be in UB's T&Cs, and it's wrong that it's not, the policy is perfectly understandable. Every site pays fees on our behalf every time we deposit, and they're fairly substantial, I believe. They want some play to cover their fees before we withdraw.

How many businesses other than internet gambling are there where the merchant can incur money transfer fees without the customer buying anything?
Old 05-12-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you go buy something with a rebate, then return it for a full refund, yet still keep the rebate? What is different about this? He made a deposit on a POKER site, got a bonus for doing so, now wants to withdraw his deposit Plus the bonus without playing even one hand at their tables. I am sorry but if I ran a site this would be in bold in my T&C. You cannot abuse the system then bitch about it when someone says,"No, wait a minute, this makes no sense." And people wonder why reputable sites like Stars rarely has bonuses. I wonder how many man hours are spent explaining this to people trying to take advantage of the system. Just play poker and if you win then cash out. My god is it really necessary to go through all that to get a few extra bucks? Maybe I am wayy off base but I honestly think I am not.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you go buy something with a rebate, then return it for a full refund, yet still keep the rebate? What is different about this? He made a deposit on a POKER site, got a bonus for doing so, now wants to withdraw his deposit Plus the bonus without playing even one hand at their tables. I am sorry but if I ran a site this would be in bold in my T&C. You cannot abuse the system then bitch about it when someone says,"No, wait a minute, this makes no sense." And people wonder why reputable sites like Stars rarely has bonuses. I wonder how many man hours are spent explaining this to people trying to take advantage of the system. Just play poker and if you win then cash out. My god is it really necessary to go through all that to get a few extra bucks? Maybe I am wayy off base but I honestly think I am not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, you shouldn't be able to, but I'm sure it happens once in a while...isn't that why they have you cut off the UPC code? But we digress...I'm sure we could find the occasional exception, my point was that it's not entirely reasonable to compare with other businesses...internet gambling has its unique properties.

Back to the OP, I don't believe he is trying to withdraw his deposit AND his bonus, that WOULD be against the T&Cs. I wasn't really arguing the point that this is a piss-poor practice of UB's by doing this and not having it clearly stated somewhere in their T&Cs. It is. I was just pointing to the rationale behind them wanting some play. There's no question that:

A) This policy should be clearly stated in the T&Cs.
B) They should allow you the option to cashout, less fees if the really feel it's necessary, and they could void the bonus as well.

B isn't the greatest option, but if they're not going to let us just cash out our money with no penalty, there has to be SOME option to get it out again.

Again, don't get me wrong...UB has some atrocious CS and policies, that's why many people won't play there any more.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody seen this before.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you been living under a rock
Old 05-12-2007, 03:21 PM

STANDARD!