Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Suggestion

[ QUOTE ]
but your posts are not much different then the supposed racist posts bobo made in the thread that eventually got him banned

[/ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12298052

In that post I just linked to, you write "again i dont know what he says in that thread". Now you're writing like you know what he wrote there. Unlikely. I just looked at that thread and the time between the thread's inception until it was moved and locked was less than two hours. You never posted in that thread so I'm more inclined to believe that you never saw it, as you initially stated.

This is what I mean re: character attack. First you say you never saw the offensive posts, then you say that those posts "were not much different" than what I wrote. You know what? Maybe they weren't, I dunno. The point is not that his posts were ban-worthy in and of themselves, it's that they were the final straw. And I can sustain an unreasonable personal attack because I don't take the internet as seriously as I used to.

I get POG's interest in closing rank around one of their own, that shows what a strong community has developed and is almost always a good thing for this site. But this is getting ridiculous. Just wash your hands of the guy and hope he does better next time.

And yes, freeing istewart is clearly more important than anything BobO has or likely will ever contribute.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from the usual disclaimers about not judging posters by a few posts, and a forum by a thread, POG does not come off well in this thread.

Specifically, Neil S... which is so close in name to a much more rocking poster!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't judge POG by that thread please. I was pretty sure it would come up at least a little bit, and that's why I tried to make sure it was clear in thread that we didn't revere bobo as some POG hero.

Also, on the issue of Durron, it's not his job or responsibility to defend Bobo. Blaming Durron in anyway is terrible.

I have nothing else to say on the issue though. Some opinions on the matter are laughable and on the whole it's become a riduclous debate and there's no reason to keep talking about it.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:06 PM

nobody personally attacked you in that thread tuq. People were just pointed out what they felt was a double standard.

i admittedly didnt see exactly what he wrote in that particular thread, but he told me over aim and i tend to believe him (yes you might think im crazy but i do"). And i did see most of the nonsense he posted in Sports, and found his comments as harmless as yours. Retarted - yes, stupid - yes, but harmless. And not banworthy. that's all i was saying

and i hope he does do better next time, assuming people play dumb. But he is a stubborn SOB so even i am not confident in this.

anyway tuq, you are good peoples, come to pog and play a game one day

FREE HAT
Old 10-03-2007, 01:57 PM

while we may never come to consensus on bobo or istewart, I think we can all agree that my idea rocks and the suggested functionality should be a part of the next software migration, which should give us at least a week or two to play around before we revert back to the current software.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while we may never come to consensus on bobo or istewart, I think we can all agree that my idea rocks and the suggested functionality should be a part of the next software migration, which should give us at least a week or two to play around before we revert back to the current software.

[/ QUOTE ]

please stop trying to derail the thread