Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: ***Official SNF PHI/NE thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are still being really results oriented. Where you complaining when Feeley threw 10 yard passes on first down?
Passing isn't FPS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pass isn't the right call there.

The Pats are gassed on D. Westbrook is your best player, you want to kill some clock, so the play is to go with Westbrook unless you have some great reason not to.

Here's what Reid thinks...
"They will expect us to run with Westbrook so we'll throw down the field".

Reid does this repeatedly season in and season out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Patriots defense sure looked gassed - Asante Samuel was five yards beyond the Eagles' receiver.

you are being ridiculous. which is entirely expected from a philadelphia fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

ASANTE SAMUEL ISN'T IN THE BOX EVERY PLAY GETTING BEAT UP. THE DEFENDERS THAT ARE BEAT UP AT THIS POINT ARE CALLED LINEMEN AND LINEBACKERS, WHICH [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] ARE THERE TO STOP THE RUN.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kicked on 3rd and 4? wtf are u talking about? the play was clearly designed for the curtis samuel one on one matchup. It was a terrible throw, and it was a terrible play call.

Eagles should have run on 2nd, if they got 2 yards or more they should have run again. And then again. And then again. Reid doesnt get it though he would have thrown every down from then on out HYACHYHYACHYAHCYHAYCHYAHCYAHCYHACYH

[/ QUOTE ]

he's such a terrible playcaller that somehow his backup QB was able to throw for 345 yards tonight. he must not know what he's doing, you could prob. do a better job
Old 11-26-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gg eagles, if this gives the steelers a gameplan against us, eat [censored] and die plz

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if, the steelers run every trick play in the book to perfection, munch surprise off-side kicks, and a different Q comes in than is originally gameplanned for. But I wouldnt discount it.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh*

Yeah, because that's exactly the reason the Eagles kept it close. Shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah those 2 onside kicks and having Feeley at QB did nothing to throw the pats gameplan off. When the margin for error is extremely thin, then yes that decides the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

It had NOTHING to do with the Pats having no pass rush against Feeley and gaining 19 more total yards. Nothing at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
They got at least some pass rush against Feeley, he was just godlike at completing passes an instant before the rush got there.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gg eagles, if this gives the steelers a gameplan against us, eat [censored] and die plz

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if, the steelers run every trick play in the book to perfection, munch surprise off-side kicks, and a different Q comes in than is originally gameplanned for. But I wouldnt discount it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking more along the lines of, if the steelers get a strong pass rush - being an awesome, dominant defense and all - and punch randy moss in the mouth, they'll have a chance. if they can get a few turnovers, keep the pats away from big ben, etc, it could be real trouble. brady can't bring his C game against the steelers and expect to escape.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is not likely to happen
Old 11-26-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are still being really results oriented. Where you complaining when Feeley threw 10 yard passes on first down?
Passing isn't FPS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pass isn't the right call there.

The Pats are gassed on D. Westbrook is your best player, you want to kill some clock, so the play is to go with Westbrook unless you have some great reason not to.

Here's what Reid thinks...
"They will expect us to run with Westbrook so we'll throw down the field".

Reid does this repeatedly season in and season out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Patriots defense sure looked gassed - Asante Samuel was five yards beyond the Eagles' receiver.

you are being ridiculous. which is entirely expected from a philadelphia fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

ASANTE SAMUEL ISN'T IN THE BOX EVERY PLAY GETTING BEAT UP. THE DEFENDERS THAT ARE BEAT UP AT THIS POINT ARE CALLED LINEMEN AND LINEBACKERS, WHICH [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] ARE THERE TO STOP THE RUN.

[/ QUOTE ]

well fine, whoever got to feeley to force that awful throw sure looked gassed.

i'm not saying it was the right playcall, but it wasn't really the wrong one either.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:11 AM

pats defense did look gassed, they were getting no pass rush, they had a practice squad player at the other corner spot, and their LBs were not looking very dynamic. of course samuel was five yards behind the receiver, because he started ten yards off him, how does that prove they weren't tired?

i hate the call because you haven't got anything going to the outside all day, you're throwing at the best DB on the field and trying to get the one thing the pats aren't going to give you. i would be fine with passing over the middle there, or hitting westbrook on a screen, or even running him off tackle. it's not like the pats' defense changed up there, causing reid to need to say, "[censored], can't do what we've been doing all day, now they're expecting it!" they'd been having success in the red zone all day, the pats were giving them the same look as before, there was no reason to call that play and no reason to throw that ball. i have no problem with a pass there but it's got to be safe.

feeley was just on tv saying both picks were the result of him trying to throw it away and not getting it far enough from samuel. wtf? lol.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:12 AM

chuckleheads,

It was 2 and 4.

on the 29.

almost 4 minutes left.

You want to run some clock down and have a shot at a TD (after running some more clock). If you don't get the TD, then you have a good shot at tying the game with a FG.

So with that in mind, what's the [censored] call?

2 and 4. You have two shots at giving the ball to your best player and having him

A) get a few yards
B) eating up some clock
Old 11-26-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
feeley was just on tv saying both picks were the result of him trying to throw it away and not getting it far enough from samuel. wtf? lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

joe montana has always maintained this about the famous 'catch' play. sometimes being a weak-armed dummy works.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so if those 2 onside kicks hadnt been recovered by the eagles, and none of those trick plays worked, than I am assuming by you the score would have still been a 3 point differential?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I saw one onside kick, so either I completely missed one or you saw an extra one that I didn't see. Second of all, I saw one flea flicker, and that was it. What other trick plays are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot planning for McNabb instead of Feeley also. And are you saying that it wouldn't be a 3 point difference, which was my question. In close games decided by 3 points, yes 2-3 plays make a very big difference. I didn't discredit anything that the Eagles did tonite, or anything the patriots didn't do for the loss, all I said that is that Pittsburgh would have to run really well to execute the same gameplan as the eagles and come out with a victory.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:16 AM

Troll I agree with you they should try and get the ball to westbrook, but it was a really really bad play by feeley more than anything else.