Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 10-10-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: PLO 50 - Linecheck on TTP on a draw heavy board

I'd just lead the turn unless I was confident someone would bet.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what's so bad about the button's play. He figures if he hits his straight you are guaranteed to go all in on the river, so all he needs is 20% chance to win for those odds. Maybe, I am wrong if so could someone please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming things, that's bad.

How would you feel about villains play if hero turned up with KQT9 here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in fairness, we can say it was poor play because we know the villian's hand was pretty lame.

If the villian's range of hands included stronger draws and had shown down something that also had a decent flush draw and/or stronger straight draws, would we then criticize the OP for putting in a lot of money OOP in a coinflip or worse situation?

I think seeing the villian's final hand in this case makes it harder to be objective about the OP's bets.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:21 PM

Razor,

First off, I feel your pain. For whatever reason, I too am in a bit of a slump and it certainly doesn't help that hands I have played, very similiar to this one, are not holding. Leading the flop is good, no problem there. Turn - I too, like the c/r line here. Leading turn for a PSB probably induces a call from both UTG and Button and going to the the river 3 way here is just nasty. I really don't care if it gets chxd around on the turn b/c I'm either trying to get to the river on the cheap or get as much $ in the middle while I'm ahead. The other good thing about the c/r on the turn is that you can probably be assured that the c/r will get you HU's here. Its certainly risky b/c you're committed to calling any bet from him on the river regardless of what card falls. Your odds on the turn aren't stellar by any means, however; you're ahead and charging guys to draw, last time I checked, is a good thing.

Turn:

Js 9c Kd Ah 23 57.50 17 42.50 0 0.00 0.575
9s 5s Tc Qd 17 42.50 23 57.50 0 0.00 0.425

Here's the deal. I would lead flop like you did. No doubt there. When I get two callers I have to assume either both of them are drawing and I would be concerned that at least one villian had some semblance of a weak str + flush combo. A str + flush combo, no matter how wk the flush draw, puts him ahead on the flop. Now, with the blank turn the roles are reversed and you're ahead. You waited for the moment, with 1 card left to drop, were the odds were in your favor to get most of your stack in the middle. Its a risky play, but the moon was aligned with the stars on the turn and the river was catastrophic. Wadda gonna do.