Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Stars $27.50- QJ- squeeeeze??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a really bad time for a squeeze...

[/ QUOTE ] why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

The combo of a UTG raise and a call (from a good player) = strength IMO. The action here is a lot different than your std LP raise (from an active player) and then a call from (a predictable player.) If button is good, he's going to flatcall here with KK;AA a lot, i'm not saying that his range isn't a lot wider than big PP's, but this is not a good spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
UTG has a wide raising range since it is 4 handed, hand values are up and blinds and antes are juicy stealing. Button could call with SC's, low pockets, and also even sutied/connected faces...many hands that he can't call a squeeze with. Though your thinking of Button holding AA or KK and making a play is correct and could be true, it only accounts for a small part of his range. I think a squeeze works enough here for it to be +EV.

chrismystero
Old 10-16-2007, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Stars $27.50- QJ- squeeeeze??

[ QUOTE ]
Umm it's UTG 4 handed. The only point I want to make is that if you reraise you may as well shove, since making it 350 and folding seems really bad unless you can stick him to QQ+ AK on a 4bet, and even it's really close as to whether you're getting the right price.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg lol, brainfart.

anyway, shoving here sucks. its not really a good idea to squeeze 4 handed unless you've got soulreads. button is showing strength with the flat and the only choice to squeeze you have is a shove. anything that calls you will have you absolutely killed and lots of times you can be drawing to 3 outs