Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 02:20 PM

Default ***Official SSNL What Now? Panic/Don\'t Panic Thread

I think it's OK if we have one official thread of this nature in SSNL. This isn't a place to complain about Congress or Bill Frist or questions about the legislation itself. Please follow along in the legislation forum for that. Also, in that forum you will find all the poker site's statements as to what they are doing.

Here, we can talk amongst our friends and acquaintances what we are doing and plan on doing or hope to do as online poker players, especially in the near future.

So, converse/brainstorm/share:

As for me, I took out alot of my roll last week unrelated to all this nonsense, leaving me with $2k online at Pokerstars. Late last nite, because of this legislation I decided to take another $600 offline, and just now got the cash thru Neteller ATM. So, now I have about $5 in Neteller and $1400 in Pokerstars.

I did that transaction before having to accept or decline the new Neteller T&C so haven't done anything with that yet.

I feel OK (atm) having money in Stars. If I had any money in Party, I would have taken it out, but that's just me.

I am not entirely pessimistic about this whole thing. The legislation didn't make online poker any more legal or illegal than it ever was in the USA. Sadly, the fish/casual player will probably panic and see this as making poker illegal and take all their money out, making the games a whole lot tougher.

What're you doing?
Old 10-02-2006, 02:23 PM

Default Re: ***Official SSNL What Now? Panic/Don\'t Panic Thread

i am worried and am estimating this costs me around $20k this year.

can someone break down the neteller t&c for me for someone from the UK? i'm hoping i'm ok here...
Old 10-02-2006, 02:24 PM

I'm gonna 12-table on Party as much as I can until Bush signs the bill. When Party kicks out all the US players I'm going to reevaluate and choose between Party and Full Tilt (unless FTP also decides to kick out US players, in which case it's off to Stars or somewhere else).

I'm also considering looking into the Crypto and B2B networks to see what they offer.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:24 PM

tufat,

As far as I know (but don't take my word for it) non-US players don't have to worry about the Neteller business.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:28 PM

AJ,

PP is the only site I've ever played, and I cashed out my entire roll over the past few days at the urgings of Berge and his respectable ilk.

I don't think CBloom's approach is a bad one.

Now I have to figure out if I can safely get started on a site like FT or Stars. And I am a technological moran. But sad to say, PP is dead to me. For now.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:29 PM

I've pulled all my $ and am going to sit tight until I start seeing the "establish your own foreign address and bank account" advertising start to appear. Should take about a month, I figure.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:30 PM

i cashed 2k via check to my house..i have my last 500 on party + 300 coming in rakeback(which i better get). Should i leave my 500 on party and continue to play or cash it out of party and into neteller? If you're leaving party where are you going...
Old 10-02-2006, 02:30 PM

Im going to stick to FT until they decide to boot the US players. They made a statement that was posted in the the legislation forum saying they dont think this will effect their players because they view poker as a game of skill.

Doubt that holds much weight but at least they are not just bending over while the US gov't assumes the position.

As far as funds go, they are spread between FT, PS and Neteller. I plan to cash out all but a skeleton roll for FT and wait till all of the dust settles.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:32 PM

I cashed out the $4k+ I had in Party. I still have some money in Stars, Full Tilt, and WPEX.

I guess I'll play a little on these sites for now. Gotta try to clear this Stars reload while I still have time...
Old 10-02-2006, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am worried and am estimating this costs me around $20k this year.

can someone break down the neteller t&c for me for someone from the UK? i'm hoping i'm ok here...

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Neteller from Canada. I haven't seen anything in the Bill to suggest that my transactions will be affected. If anyone thinks differently I'd want to hear it, but I don't see how a U.S. law can touch a non-citizen living outside the U.S. dealing with a corporation operating outside the U.S.. (N.B. I'm talking about law...American diplomatic pressure has a more significant international reach).