Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 02:18 AM

Default Double GS + FD

Long time winner at Limit and NL SNG's and I'm mixing in some SSNL now after reading NLTAP and watching many Cardrunners videos.

How is my line here? Villain seems reasonable and I recently got stacked off against a fish in a hand that he shouldn't have been in but besides that have been playing reasonably well.

My plan following the raise was to call a push or reraise a raise all-in on the flop.

If he just calls I'm not sure what the standard play is on a blank turn - I assume I check it through or would a pot sized bet be better?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($229.05)
Hero ($235)
SB ($489.90)
BB ($121.41)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $5.

Flop: ($17) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30.48</font>.

rvg
Old 10-01-2006, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Double GS + FD

RVG72-

I love the flop raise, though I prefer a larger, closer to pot sized raise around $50-55.

I your opponent calls your flop raise, plz take the free card.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:32 AM

PF looks kinda sucky unless the table is super nitty and you are just stealing more often.

Flop raise is standard, though I would bump it up to $40-$50 because a min raise (which yours basically is) has no FE and so is more obviously a monster than a semi-bluff and any thinking opponent will realise this and will be more likely to fold than if you raised properly.

And of course with an OESFD, you want it all in, so you're calling a push or 4-betting al-in if he raises.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:39 AM

Raising is good, but you should be raising significantly more, $40 minimum. If you get called I would check behind on a missed turn.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:25 PM

Thanks for the comments everyone, he ended up folding the flop with what he said was KJ.

Assuming he calls and then leads out a blank on the turn for say half the pot (which would be about $40 here) do I push or call? What about a pot sized bet?

With a half pot bet I almost have pot odds let alone implied odds to at least call but not sure if pushing is better since I would have some fold equity and a lot of outs.

With a pot sized bet my implied odds, assuming I can get him in if I hit, seem pretty good and my straight outs are somewhat disguised plus big pot so I'd probably have a good chance to get him all-in there. Vs a PSB it seems like folding, calling and pushing are all reasonable or is that wrong?

Regarding the preflop raise, it was mainly due to all of the limping going on at this table and I had been playing fairly tight up to that point but not my standard play with J7s after a limper.

Thanks,

rvg