Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Hand Against Rugby: 100/200. I\'m not telling you what I have yet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FF, with all due respect (which you clearly deserve) why are you playing Brian heads up? (I know your game is 10/20 and 25/50 so why play such a strong player at a higher than usual game?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you stop sucking on Brian's balls?

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically you don't agree that BT is a strong player in NLHE heads up. okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one cares about these statements like whether jman is '+ev' against ivey (lol). I think Tx's post is superb although I have no idea what he is talking about.

Stephen Feraca [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

oh wait

[/ QUOTE ]

Just hilarious..
Old 10-01-2007, 01:08 PM

I wasn't actually being rude, I just wanted to end a post that way! Seriously I like Tx's analysis and RBK's - very interesting.

I would however like FwF's true thoughts on Brian - what is his biggest weakness?

Also were you sharing the win/loss?

Stephen Feraca

sorry can't help it.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a decent number of you are advocating QJ as a call but Jx as a fold...you really think aba is value CRing a jack that often and that large on this river? maybe this is too simplisitic for 1/2 but if he is value CRing a jack he is trying to get called by 6x or 2 pr or worse, so it seems like he would make it a little smaller, whereas with a flush he is trying to get called by a jack and thus will think he can CR a little bigger. thus i think his range is somewhat polarized toward flushes or bluffs and dont see much diff between QJ and Jx unless you think the chances of chopping with QJ (since he could also make the bigger CR with QJ hoping we have jx) are enough to make QJ a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not much difference in hand strength, but as you mentioned he puts us on a wide valuebetting range, and QJ/flush may not be a large enough portion of that for us to always fold a J.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:20 PM

can we ever bluff push this river ? like if we have Asxo and we push, how could he think we were ever bluffing
Old 10-01-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can we ever bluff push this river ? like if we have Asxo and we push, how could he think we were ever bluffing

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i alluded to that, but i dont know if anybody folds in his spot regardless of that fact.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:35 PM

First of all, i hate posts that don't mention how many players are at the table or what position you are in.

I think your line looks really strong. When you check that turn, I think your most likely hand is pair + draw, or strong draw. This river really hit your range.

It also seems like a weird spot for him to pot it if he wants value, but I think these high stakes games often have pot sized bets and raises on the river, so I'm gonna ignore that. From a game theory standpoint, bets on the river should generally be smaller in size than flop bets, but I guess that's not really relevant here as he is probably doing this with both ends of his range. It might mean that he is less likely to have a mediocre hand though, and polarizes his range a tiny bit more (although it's already very polarized imo).

I really think your line is strong enough that you can assume he isn't bluffing that much here, and I would fold a jack.

On one hand, I think his range is too polarized for QJ to be any different, on the other hand... you never know? Maybe I call QJ if it has a spade in it, but fold otherwise?

I'd call any flush, although I certainly wouldn't be happy if I had a small flush here.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I call QJ if it has a spade in it, but fold otherwise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Qj was close enough for me that i like this a lot.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:53 PM

I don't see Brian bluffraising here, given that you have to fold something like 2/3 of the time and your line does NOT look weak.

And I don't see him going for a river c/r with a naked J. Maybe JQ but I think spades are much more likely.

So he has a flush here a solid majority of the time, and you can fold all non-flushes I think.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:07 PM

What would you guys think of Aba's line here if he had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ?

Seems like a good spot to try to take your opponent off a chop, even with the risk that he has a flush. Or is it just risking too much to gain too little, since you are winning half the pot rather than the whole pot?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you guys think of Aba's line here if he had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ?

Seems like a good spot to try to take your opponent off a chop, even with the risk that he has a flush. Or is it just risking too much to gain too little, since you are winning half the pot rather than the whole pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like it a lot but would rather c/r bigger, i'm also insane

besides he prob thinks ariel is a huge station so i think he'd lead or c/c with that hand more than c/r

from playing w aba i just dont know if he ever makes a play like that