Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 03:41 AM

Default 20nl, .05/.10 deep table on FTP - Two pair on a 4 broadway board.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

CO ($22.45)
Hero ($18.30)
SB ($5.85)
BB ($52.50)
UTG ($22.95)
MP ($17.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.40) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.4</font>, Hero calls $0.40, SB folds, BB folds.

River: ($1.20) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.7</font>, Hero folds.

I was playing on the deepstack table. I was trying to figure out if any hand fired twice that I beat. I didn't think there was much. Also... do they bet a hand that I beat on the turn? Villian is 19/16/infy over 30 hands. I know he plays 50nl FR cause I've seen him before at a friends table.

Is this standard? Or do you fold the turn?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: 20nl, .05/.10 deep table on FTP - Two pair on a 4 broadway board.

I think the turn call is marginal but okay, for a couple of sort of contradictory reasons:

(1) After getting checked to, UTG might be gambling that you don't have a queen and the blinds aren't sandbagging one, in which case there's a decent chance he can take the pot uncontested.

(2) If UTG does have a queen (and it's entirely possible that he does), you may have some decent implied odds on your 4-outer (and then also you do have 3 additional chopping outs, but those aren't very significant here). I mean, if you fill up and you raise the river, UTG may have a hard time convincing himself that you're not raising the same straight he has.

Having said all of that, I should mention that it is true that if UTG actually has a Q, the immediate odds of course are not there at all. And I don't think that your chances of actually profiting on your 1 to 10 1/2 shot (when that's what you have) are very good (probably, on average, you won't even quite break even), so if the call is a profitable one, I think you have to rely on sometimes being up against a bluff and getting checked to on the river.

In any case, the river fold is good, I think.