Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Absolute Soulreading/Rigged thread #3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cardplayer magazine is in Red Oak, Iowa...

if anyone could put me in touch with either Bluff or Cardplayer I'd love to do an interview

[/ QUOTE ]

Deliberately exposing the situation may expedite results but as well tarnish the online games and playerbase moreso.

(which im not saying is wrong we just need to be careful about who we scare off the tables and we don't really know how media would react)

I know a bluff guy / can get in touch with cardplayer guys pretty easily but that would be a pretty big step up publicity wise for the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a necessary thing to do. Seriously. Are you the type of person who would cover up a crime because that crime happened to benefit you in some way? Kinda the same deal here. This case needs more media exposure. If it stays in the poker media (as it almost certainly will), then all the better for everyone. If not, so be it.

My $0.02.

Fell
Old 09-19-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

what do you think about going to the media? I'm willing to go along with other people on either tactic.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody here have ins with CardPlayer or Bluff magazines?

[/ QUOTE ]
Anybody here live in Atlanta? Bluff's office is in Sandy Springs. It might be worth a call or a visit for people who feel passionate about this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I own part of Bluff. I'm in the office regularly -- what sort of help would you like?

FWIW, I was speaking with another one of the owners on the phone yesterday and he wasn't even aware of it until I pointed him to BBV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a damn juicy story for a magazine and I feel like more exposure will help me get my money back. So if they want an interview, data, or whatever I'll be more than willing to help.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:15 PM

Somebody should get at Gary Wise, who writes for ESPN, or other ESPN/ABC/Disney contacts. I'm sure ESPN might want to know that one of the sites buying major add time for their WSOP broadcasts is currently involved in this mess.

Does somebody know whether Absolute ist still audited by PWC (Price-Waterhouse-Coopers)? I think we as poker community should force Absolute to have an extraordinary audit of this case performed by external and independent auditors and supported by experienced poker players.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...10#Post11784145

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone not notice OP's name in that thread? LOL coincidences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also an odd coincidence that the date of the post is right around the time of the new AP update and when we first started noticing all of this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in that thread the OP's name is lol coincadences. The timing is suspect however.

While the cheaters were horrible at cover play at the poker table, acseif has great cover play at 2+2. But I still don't think its possible to rule out that he and his "friends" that were discussing this (per his post) may have seized an opportunity that presented itself to them and are involved somehow.

Things I think should be included in the next cliff's notes:

* AP props - its mildly tangential, but it may be relevant given all the other circumstantial evidence. Just when AP expanded the prop program hugely many props started going busto and suspected that AP had recruited them to take their rolls.

* Sharkscope stats - similar patterns. Busting out of every tournament entered in the first round (or so) all year, then suddenly moving up 10x the stakes in the last week of August and coming in first, before moving down again. So overt.

* $10 -> $1,000,000 - someone posted at 2+2 about this very thing (seeing hole cards) at the same time as the cheating started. Could be coincidence, but it should be looked into.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you think about going to the media? I'm willing to go along with other people on either tactic.

[/ QUOTE ]

We need a one page 'here's how to explain it to a five year old' without confusing poker terms. Pokeraddict is on the right track but it needs to be a lot dumber. From the articles I've read so far, it has been misinterpreted as 'THIS GUY MADE A CALL WITH 10 HIGH ZOMG RIGGED' and the pokertracker data which is fundamentally the most important piece of evidence is ignored, undoubtedly because it is hard to explain. It also has to be very explicit that this is an AP problem ONLY and not a 'zomg the sky is falling on internet poker' issue, because if it turns into that we are royally [censored].

I see this in my work with media all the time...they take the easy part of the story and miss the important part unless you spell it out so a five-year old who doesn't play poker can understand. No [censored], no conspiracy theories, only what we know so far.

I might have time to write something this weekend.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does somebody know whether Absolute ist still audited by PWC (Price-Waterhouse-Coopers)? I think we as poker community should force Absolute to have an extraordinary audit of this case performed by external and independent auditors and supported by experienced poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup
Old 09-19-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so im having a session on abs where this guy munchkin cat is running like god against me and ofc my first thought was omg its doubledrags new account!

does anyone know who that is

[/ QUOTE ]

He just AIMed me and asked to do 1k swap ABS for Full Tilt...I declined because I was in the middle of a session...says he has 50k+ in his account

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo, g-p...when I kept insisting that munchkin cat send first he just wouldn't do the swap and now he was AIMing me to allow him to chip dump to me and telling me that he was going to chip dump like 50k to a friend later...add munchkin-cat to the list of megasuspicious/shady fools..AIM EC172

[/ QUOTE ]

Im munchkin_cat on ABS. I did NOT IM you, so whoever did is not me. And I'm def not shady.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know this was ever the case. Source?
Closed Thread