Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Favorite Uncomfortable Sports Broadcasting Moments

A couple that haven't been mentioned:

In the locker room after Jordan's Bulls had won their first championship, a reporter thought Jordan's wife was actually his mother.

Another locker room celebration, I think it was the Atlanta Braves, and there was a non-sports reporter girl walking around interviewing people. She asked Bobby Cox a couple of questions, then asked, "And you are?"
Old 08-12-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone mention the time were one announcer said "look at that little monkey run". I can't remember who said it or what sport but I remember hearing it. It was the same person who also gave the explanation why black people are so good at sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cossell did it on MNF. There is earlier footage of him doing it when a white guy was running too. It was his way of saying "really fast guy" I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cosell's kids also reported that he always called them "little monkeys" when they were running around.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:03 PM

oops. Didn't have all the posts loaded up for some reason and didn't see that everyone had already responded to the Cosell and Jimmy the Greek comments.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jim Rome interviewing Jim Everett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is awesome anyway, but I don't get the feud. The argument has to be about more than the wrong name right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Everett ......................................... Jim Everett

How do you expect a football player to react when someone is calling him a pussy?
Old 08-12-2007, 01:07 PM

well, that Thom Brennaman and Steve Lyone stuff this past October where they are unknowingly making fun of a blind guy has to be way up there too.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Marino screws up, freaks out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qa9LNPwZIGA

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I had never seen that before and I was actually quite uncomfortable watching it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did he freak out? Because he sort of bumbled a word? I kinda don't get why he snapped...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no clue. The best part is when he hits the table the second time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, but I'm guessing he wasn't supposed to let out that whats-his-face was golfing that week. Maybe he was rehabbing or something? He didn't mess anything up grammatically or whatever. I think he just blew someone's cover, that's all.

I'll nominate when Michael Irvin implied that Tony Romo's ancestor f*cked a black slave, and that explains why he can scramble. It's very sad that he still has his job at ESPN. Especially considering Rush was fired for saying something legitimate, and in no way racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh come on. that's hilarious.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I had never seen that before and I was actually quite uncomfortable watching it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did he freak out? Because he sort of bumbled a word? I kinda don't get why he snapped...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, but I'm guessing he wasn't supposed to let out that whats-his-face was golfing that week. Maybe he was rehabbing or something? He didn't mess anything up grammatically or whatever. I think he just blew someone's cover, that's all.

I'll nominate when Michael Irvin implied that Tony Romo's ancestor f*cked a black slave, and that explains why he can scramble. It's very sad that he still has his job at ESPN. Especially considering Rush was fired for saying something legitimate, and in no way racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would prefer that no one got fired for the occasional offensive remark, because it sets a bad precedent. I don't think that Irvin should have been fired, but if Rush had to resign, then Irvin does too.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jim Rome interviewing Jim Everett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is awesome anyway, but I don't get the feud. The argument has to be about more than the wrong name right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Everett ......................................... Jim Everett

How do you expect a football player to react when someone is calling him a pussy?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a 4th grade level insult, calling someone a girl's name. You really think Everett was justified in attacking Rome? WTF

I'm not a huge fan of Rome, but Everett is a worthless meathead douchebag.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would prefer that no one got fired for the occasional offensive remark, because it sets a bad precedent. I don't think that Irvin should have been fired, but if Rush had to resign, then Irvin does too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think both cases were an easy way to get rid of poor hires.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN could choose from a large crop of former NFL players with football knowledge, intelligent insight, and a personality to go in front of the camera.

Michael Irvin should have never been hired with cocaine and assault charges in his past.