Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Ah.....You Speak of John F Kerry.

I heart partisan politics.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Iraqi Village Disappears....Where did the People Go?

I assume your point is the Vietcong sometimes used the carrot instead the whip.
If you are trying to portray the Vietcong as angels that never used murder and terror to gain cooperation....then you are mistaken.

The mass executions after the invasion of Hue showed the true colors of the Vietcong.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Ah.....You Speak of John F Kerry.

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhhhhh.....You Speak of John F Kerry and his confessed attrocities after joining the anti-Vietnam War movement. Yes, we all know Kerry is a scumbag.

The fact the American Democrat party accepts/elects such a person to their party speaks volumes about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Lai. Can't we all agree that neither side was a saint in the war? I do have a tendency to believe that proportionally speaking, American troops committed less atrocities than the Viet Cong. No evidence for it (don't think you could ever find out for sure, anyways).
Old 07-10-2007, 10:57 AM

Yes, I'm trying to portray the Communist as angels. Very perceptive.

C'mon, Felix. Your point was that the terrorism of the Communists was what was instrumental in winning the war. That's just nonsense. And it was such nonsense that led us to fight that war in such an ignorant manner, and to support our own brand of thugs that often terrorized the population, as well as using terorist tactics ourselves. That, to me, is the thing that seems to be what is relevant to our incompetency in Iraq now: an ignorance and an hubris that bodes ill for our venture there and for the people of Iraq.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:05 AM

OP,

Are you somehow trying to skew the fact that America is the aggressor here? That America is the bad guy? That America is the one who is traveling halfway around the world to invade and occupy another country?

First you must look at the actions of your 'own' soldiers before you have the right to speak about others'.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you are trying to portray the Vietcong as angels that never used murder and terror to gain cooperation....then you are mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are trying to portray the US as never using murder or terror to gain cooperation....then you are mistaken.

dropping the bomb?
cia interventions?
illegal wars?
sponsoring and supporting various radical insurgencies and regimes overtime?
threatening genocide against Iran?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dropping the bomb?
cia interventions?
illegal wars?
sponsoring and supporting various radical insurgencies and regimes overtime?
threatening genocide against Iran?

[/ QUOTE ]

A-Bomb:
Based on Japanese executions of American prisoners they should consider themselves lucky we did not drop 100 A-bombs. Payback is a bitch..... I do think the bombing of Dresden was a warcrime. The difference is the Germans for the most part honored the rules-of-war with the AMERICAN army(obviousy not with the Russians). But since Japan initiated systematic war crimes against the USA, then the USA was justified to retaliate with compound interest.... According to Adm Eliot Morrison's book on the battles in the Pacific, many US sailors stopped taking Japanese prisoners because their surrenders were largely a ruse to murder US servicemen. After a Japanese transport was sunk, US sailors would typically machine gun the surviving enemy troops in the water. As Tom Brokaw said, 'This was America's GREATEST generation'. They were just with honorable enemies and merciless with dishonorable enemies. Arabs/Pakistani/Persians are dishonorable enemies.....so I think the USA is justified in using more extreme methods against them.

CIA:
Ahhh...the good old days. Today's CIA is pathetic.

Illegal Wars:
Not sure what you are talking about. If congress authorizes the funds for a war, then it is legal. Only congress has the power to authorize war. The American people elect their congressman.

Sponsoring dictatorships/insurgences:
Nothing wrong with this. Sometimes you must choose between the lesser of two evils. If we can topple an evil regime and replace it with a less evil regime, then the world becomes a better place. Fighting communism was our main goal the last 50 years. Since communism has resulted in the deaths of 100+million people....then I think this money was well spent. Otherwise there would have been double the deaths....

Threatening genocide against Iran:
I have not heard of this officially. I have heard Iran threaten Israel with genocide. I have heard a Chi-Com general threaten the genocide of the Western USA should the USA honor their military alliance with Taiwan. I would like to see Iran bombed for their support of the insurgents in Iraq... If Iran uses a nuke against the USA/Israel then they will deserve destruction.....
Old 07-10-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A-Bomb:
Based on Japanese executions of American prisoners they should consider themselves lucky we did not drop 100 A-bombs. Payback is a bitch..... I do think the bombing of Dresden was a warcrime. The difference is the Germans for the most part honored the rules-of-war with the AMERICAN army(obviousy not with the Russians). But since Japan initiated systematic war crimes against the USA, then the USA was justified to retaliate with compound interest.... According to Adm Eliot Morrison's book on the battles in the Pacific, many US sailors stopped taking Japanese prisoners because their surrenders were largely a ruse to murder US servicemen. After a Japanese transport was sunk, US sailors would typically machine gun the surviving enemy troops in the water. As Tom Brokaw said, 'This was America's GREATEST generation'. They were just with honorable enemies and merciless with dishonorable enemies. Arabs/Pakistani/Persians are dishonorable enemies.....so I think the USA is justified in using more extreme methods against them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if all your contentions about America/Japan are true, since some are disputable, how does this justify them killing tens of thousand of innocent civilians?

I thought the difference between us and them was that they dont value life but we do?

Is Osama bin Laden justified in killing American civilians for US persecution and meddling within the Arabian peninsula?

ill get to some other points after you address this.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM

I'm trying to figure out some of the responses in this thread.

They seem to take the tone that America=BAD therefore the OP's specific links to the Al Queda atrocities are somehow OK?

Do people actually think like this? Justifying murder by saying America is "the oppressor"?

Is it not possible for everyone to say ANYONE committing these atrocities is horrid, whether done by US forces or Al Queda or Viet Cong or whoever?
Old 07-10-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to figure out some of the responses in this thread.

They seem to take the tone that America=BAD therefore the OP's specific links to the Al Queda atrocities are somehow OK?

Do people actually think like this? Justifying murder by saying America is "the oppressor"?

Is it not possible for everyone to say ANYONE committing these atrocities is horrid, whether done by US forces or Al Queda or Viet Cong or whoever?

[/ QUOTE ]

umm yes. thats exactly what we're trying to do. Both sides think they are freedom fighters but from the birds eye they both are murdering terrorist ideologues.

no one criticizing the OP said Al Qaeda was justified but the OP did at least imply that america was an angel and then justified in dropping a bomb on tens of thousands of innocent civilians while criticizing others of doing much less.