Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: NCAA Football Week 11

[censored] YOU CNN.COM [censored] YOU [censored] YOU [censored] YOU [censored] YOU

I go there to see the top 25-scores and I can't [censored] escape some horrible thing done to a 9-year old girl. Right there, with pic and headline. Now I get to be depressed for humanity for a few hours. I know this [censored] happens, I just don't want to be forced to [censored] read about it when I'm already in a somewhat fragile emotional state. Yeah I said it. Again [censored] YOU CNN.COM.

I hope whoever makes those decisions dies a slow agonizing death.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:01 PM

Oklahoma has no shot unless LSU or Oregon loses. The only team that can jump Oregon from behind right now is Kansas. If they go 13-0, they'll be #1 in the computer rankings and will move up to at least #2 in the polls. LSU's in no matter what, as long as they win out.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:03 PM

I left quickly after the game... did Todd Boeckman get the Illini player of the game? Jesus Christ, he is awful. I've been saying it all season. Give Boeckman a bad game, and you are screwed. Defense- where the hell were you? Pathetic. Then the bs non-fumble was icing on the cake. All together a perfect storm. The timeout on the punt, awful.

Aww well. At the beginning of the season, I was worried about 3 games and this being a rebuilding year. A win next week is more than I anticipated, so I'll try to keep from getting too down. We still have a great shot to beat Michigan, especially with Henne and Hart not looking at 100%, and Mallett making Todd Boeckman look amazing by comparison.

Beat Michigan, win the Rose Bowl. One time.

Kansas vs. Oregon in the NC Game plz.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oklahoma has no shot unless LSU or Oregon loses. The only team that can jump Oregon from behind right now is Kansas. If they go 13-0, they'll be #1 in the computer rankings and will move up to at least #2 in the polls. LSU's in no matter what, as long as they win out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone on TV yesterday was saying KU could jump LSU. Please don't tell me someone on TV could be wrong. But really, LSU plays Ole Miss and Ark. If KU or MU beats each other, then OU, wouldn't that jump them a ton?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:08 PM

Amazing what a non prevent D does, Hokies, gj.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:10 PM

What scenario does OSU you need to still make it to the NC game? Any chance?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need a few plane crashes containing the several teams ahead of them. As a Buckeye fan, I have no desire to watch them get their ass kicked in another championship game.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need a few plane crashes containing the several teams ahead of them. As a Buckeye fan, I have no desire to watch them get their ass kicked in another championship game again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-10-2007, 08:19 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!!!!!!1

yeah, saw Bugstud beat me to it....oh well

Illinois pwns the 'shoe

EDIT: donesn't bother me that people pull for Illinois too much....the last two final four teams for bball had a large following across the nation of people who just liked to watch them play
Old 11-10-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone on TV yesterday was saying KU could jump LSU. Please don't tell me someone on TV could be wrong. But really, LSU plays Ole Miss and Ark. If KU or MU beats each other, then OU, wouldn't that jump them a ton?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kansas absolutely would jump at least Oregon if not LSU, since they'd get a boost due to being undefeated. Missouri? Not so much. They don't have the brand name and they've been out of the spotlight most of the year so there's no way they'd get enough attention from the voters. The only way they could jump Oregon is if they absolutely blow out Oklahoma on national TV in the Big XII title game when the voters are all watching. Really though, Missouri's best chance to make the title game is for either Oregon to lose to UCLA or LSU to lose in the SEC Championship.