Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: 19 percent of democrats think the world would be better off.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What does losing the Iraq war even mean? Like if you guys pull out tomorrow did you lose? Or did you win? Or was it a draw? What would a victory be? A stable Iraq? Democracy in Iraq? I'm not asking this questions as a joke or anything, I'm actually curious as to what "losing the Iraq war" means and why it would be so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we leave then some terrorist group would come in and take control of billions in oil ldo

[/ QUOTE ]

So far conservatives have been 100% wrong on anything that would happen in Iraq. There is no reason to believe they will ever be right. You lose. Get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow what a great argument! btw my horse won the last 2 races so that makes you the loser [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, they're mostly quite liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you avoid looking at facts that might be true.. But last I read, in the 2000 and 2004 elections, Bush got more favorable coverage on the 'liberal' news outlets than either liberal candidate. Seems rather counterintuitive to be a liberal media outlet and helping a conservative candidate. Oh well, when up is down and Fox is fair and balanced, anything can be true if you just say it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am assuming since you read it you don't actually remember these elections? Fox leans to the right, but I don't think they try to hide it. Other news sources clearly lean to the left and deny it.

Exactly how did they help Bush in either 2000 or 2004? Perhaps it was by declaring the Gore won Fla before the polls were closed? Did you watch any of the 2004 coverage as the anchors became more depressed as it was clear their exit polls were flawed?

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh their motto is "fair and balanced"
Old 10-05-2007, 06:20 PM

I can tell you're looking to up your post count quickly, but really, you can combine posts. I did the same thing a few posts ago to mock you, but I guess it went right over your head. Oh well.

[ QUOTE ]
btw my horse won the last 2 races

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, Bush is pretty = to a horse.

[ QUOTE ]
someone who tries to sway the population in an election by bringing forth forged documents and then trying to justify his actions by saying the subject matter of said documents are true even after its been proven they are forged?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, if only the Swift Boat Vets for Truth had documents, they could have been traitors as well.

Really though, your troll attempts are adorable, but hardly note worthy.

[ QUOTE ]
"fair and balanced"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe.. Here I'm reminded of the bible. I believe it says that, when the anti-christ comes, he will lie and say his lies are the truth. This sort of deception makes me wonder if Rupert Murdoch is, in fact, the anti-christ. Upon further consideration, I don't believe him to be sly enough for the job.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, they're mostly quite liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you avoid looking at facts that might be true.. But last I read, in the 2000 and 2004 elections, Bush got more favorable coverage on the 'liberal' news outlets than either liberal candidate. Seems rather counterintuitive to be a liberal media outlet and helping a conservative candidate. Oh well, when up is down and Fox is fair and balanced, anything can be true if you just say it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am assuming since you read it you don't actually remember these elections? Fox leans to the right, but I don't think they try to hide it. Other news sources clearly lean to the left and deny it.

Exactly how did they help Bush in either 2000 or 2004? Perhaps it was by declaring the Gore won Fla before the polls were closed? Did you watch any of the 2004 coverage as the anchors became more depressed as it was clear their exit polls were flawed?

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh their motto is "fair and balanced"

[/ QUOTE ]

compared to msnbc and cnn they are much more fair
Old 10-05-2007, 06:32 PM

I think the world would be a better place if the U.S. were to lose the war in Iraq. How does this make me stupid?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only 30% of Republicans believe in evolution. Only 13% of congresssional Republicans believe that human activity is increasing global warming. 33% of Republicans believe that Satan exists.

And one of them, apparently, believes there's nothing wrong with insulting people by calling them stupid behind the veil of internet anonymity.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 06:34 PM

You are confusing the Republicans in power with Conservatives. The two words are antonyms at this point in time.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:58 PM

Good point, I must apologize to true Conservatives, especially of the fiscal variety. They are my favorite Conservatives of all.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the world would be a better place if the U.S. were to lose the war in Iraq. How does this make me stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

due to the fact that losing the war would result in many more dead americans than the 3k weve lost over the last 5 years.... not to mention the chaos that would be iraq after we left
Old 10-05-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

due to the fact that losing the war would result in many more dead americans than the 3k weve lost over the last 5 years.... not to mention the chaos that would be iraq after we left

[/ QUOTE ]

How are dead Americans bad for the world? How do you know that "losing" the war would lead to "many more" dead americans? What is your definition of losing in the above post?