Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Weird spot with friend and possible jailtime

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yea because robbing, ie. using the threat of physical violence against someone else to take their personal items, is the same as incrementally stealing 6k or whatever. that makes a whole ton of sense

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being nitty, go ahead and replace "rob" with "burglarizes".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think burglarizing a house and taking 6k is worse than taking 6k from a CVS or CVS-like establishment. The whole B&E aspect plays into it also.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a crime of opportunity, which may seem victimless to the perpetrator ("I'm sure this huge company can aford losing six thousand dollars"). Sure someone who did this would be much more likely to be a piece of human trash, but that alone doesn't make them one, and it sounds like this is an isolated event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong wrong wrong.

No matter how you justify it in this situation it's not right.

In any case I think the whole thing is a scam and your friend may or may not be in on it. I vote for they're both in.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stealing 6k from a CVS like store does not make someone a scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have different definitions of scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely doubt you guys who are all on me for saying stealing 6k isn't THAT bad haven't met some real, tried-and-true scumbags. Guy who got put in Juvie for beating up his mom, and is now serving time for holding up 7-11s? Yea, he's a scumbag. Guy who's been in-and-out of prison for aggravated assault, yet continues to prey on younger kids in the neighborhood? yea, scumbag. One of my friends who happened to take about 1k from his place of work some years back? That was an isolated event and he's definitely not a scum bag. You guys must live some very sheltered lives

[/ QUOTE ]

"Man, that guy beat up a dude, spat on him and stole his watch, he's an [censored]"

"No way man, another guy beat up a dude, spat on him, stole his watch, AND pissed on him, the other guy can't be an [censored]".

I think everybody basically understands the point you're kinda trying to make, but your initial post is still retarded. Stealing from a store is a Bad Act. It's a very fair judgement that the person that does it is not a very swell person. Yes, it's not the same level of nasty that many other thing are, but its not really defensable in the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my bar for calling someone a true "scumbag" is much higher than yours, and the others around here, but I fail to see why this makes it worth your time to make personal attacks.

oh yea edit for-awesome strawman.

[/ QUOTE ]

1- it only takes about 2 to 3 seconds to call somebody stupid in a post. I've got that to spare.

2- that's not really a strawman

3- yer stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in much better shape than you. If you shaved your head you would look like that guy from Powder. See how fun this is?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stealing 6k from a CVS like store does not make someone a scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have different definitions of scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely doubt you guys who are all on me for saying stealing 6k isn't THAT bad haven't met some real, tried-and-true scumbags. Guy who got put in Juvie for beating up his mom, and is now serving time for holding up 7-11s? Yea, he's a scumbag. Guy who's been in-and-out of prison for aggravated assault, yet continues to prey on younger kids in the neighborhood? yea, scumbag. One of my friends who happened to take about 1k from his place of work some years back? That was an isolated event and he's definitely not a scum bag. You guys must live some very sheltered lives

[/ QUOTE ]

"Man, that guy beat up a dude, spat on him and stole his watch, he's an [censored]"

"No way man, another guy beat up a dude, spat on him, stole his watch, AND pissed on him, the other guy can't be an [censored]".

I think everybody basically understands the point you're kinda trying to make, but your initial post is still retarded. Stealing from a store is a Bad Act. It's a very fair judgement that the person that does it is not a very swell person. Yes, it's not the same level of nasty that many other thing are, but its not really defensable in the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my bar for calling someone a true "scumbag" is much higher than yours, and the others around here, but I fail to see why this makes it worth your time to make personal attacks.

oh yea edit for-awesome strawman.

[/ QUOTE ]

1- it only takes about 2 to 3 seconds to call somebody stupid in a post. I've got that to spare.

2- that's not really a strawman

3- yer stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in much better shape than you. If you shaved your head you would look like that guy from Powder. See how fun this is?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok except one is an attack based on posts you've made in this thread, that has everything to do with the subject at hand, and the other is a baseless attack on physical appearance which has nothing to do with this thread.

what are the odds on this guy being a scumbag himself? 90%+
Old 11-08-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a crime of opportunity, which may seem victimless to the perpetrator ("I'm sure this huge company can aford losing six thousand dollars"). Sure someone who did this would be much more likely to be a piece of human trash, but that alone doesn't make them one, and it sounds like this is an isolated event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong wrong wrong.

No matter how you justify it in this situation it's not right.

In any case I think the whole thing is a scam and your friend may or may not be in on it. I vote for they're both in.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus short bus people. Did I say it wasn't wrong? NO! I said if I had a close friend, and this stealing 6k from a CVS was an isolated event I wouldn't be so quick to toss him to the curb and call him a "scumbag".
Old 11-08-2007, 12:41 PM

You realize you've made many posts that essentially make the point

"We have different definitions of scumbag."

Which was what you started arguing against in the first place?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok accept one is an attack based on posts you've made in this thread, that have everything to do with the subject at hand, and the other is a baseless attack on physical appearance which has nothing to do with this thread.

what are the odds on this guy being a scumbag himself? 90%+

[/ QUOTE ]

This quoting is getting outta hand

Well just like a Bad Act is a Bad Act, a personal attack is a personal attack. 90%? that really depends upon who you ask, some people definitely don't like me other people like me a lot, I'm very polarizing. I think you'd be surprised if you met me in real life
Old 11-08-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what are the odds on this guy having stolen from a store before himself? 90%+

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You realize you've made many posts that essentially make the point

"We have different definitions of scumbag."

Which was what you started arguing against in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I stated my opinion, and shocker all the awesome mods we have here come around and start making personal attacks. I state it's a personal feeling of mine that if my close friend yadda yadda isolated rabble rabble stole 6k from CVS then I wouldn't cut off communication with him because he's a "scumbag". It's still a felony, but if I had the chance to actually help my friend out a great deal, provided I believed this was truly isolated, I would definitely do it. That's what I was saying.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what are the odds on this guy having stolen from a store before himself? 90%+

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100% You guys have never shoplifted before? Weren't you ever 14?