Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Why did my friend get banned for this?

TWO [censored] DAYS????? ARE YOU SERIOUS? AHAYETOPJIAEHEPIHETPOHAETPIHAETAETETAETAETAE
Old 10-23-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That is one of the worst bans in the history of modding. That poster has been posting for more than four years without even a warning in his notes. That also seemed like a well written post requesting OPINIONS - not google links. What is the reasoning behind this ban? On the surface it seems absolutely horrible, there has to be more behind it!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I promise you there is nothing more behind it. My friend is an upstanding gentlemen and took time to call me because he simply couldn't believe he was banned. He visits 2+2 several times a day and is bummed out about it. Anyway thanks for the help and if it somehow possible can he please be reinstated?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Banning somebody for two days just for making that post is simply stupid modding.

Someobdy needs to apply some great paint to leatherass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but what does the last sentence mean? I've been trying to figure it out for 5 minutes...lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 01:26 AM

did you guys see the big sticky in all caps that warns people of multi-day bans for this crap? do you know how many of these posts i have to delete every day? apparently everybody on this site thinks OOT is the place you go when you have a dumb, lazy question and don't feel like going to google, travelocity, time out ny, expedia, yahoo, wikipedia, or any of the gazillion other websites on the interwebs to get an answer.

of course if i had moved this to the travel forum someone would show up (probably tuq) and complain that nobody will asnwer it there (which they won't) and i'm being unfair by not letting people use OOT for whatever inane crap pops into their head.

lol at jim kuhn saying word one to anybody about a bad ban. own up to your own ridiculous mistakes before you go criticizing anyone else. just like your last ban, you probably didn't even know that this is covered in the rules.

dynasty you can go get [censored] too, we all know how great a mod of OOT you turned out to be. OOT posters support this policy and anyone who doesn't like it can post somewhere else.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:57 AM

what is the big goddamn problem if people come to oot instead of google or expedia or whatever?? THAT IS TRAFFIC

maybe you should consider changing the rules, because bans for stuff like this is absolutely ridiculous.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:57 AM

NT,

Dude downstairs pissing you off again?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:58 AM

alright i'm overreacting i just ran kk into aa. i'm not actually that mad. but my point remains, just the attitude doesnt.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did you guys see the big sticky in all caps that warns people of multi-day bans for this crap? do you know how many of these posts i have to delete every day? apparently everybody on this site thinks OOT is the place you go when you have a dumb, lazy question and don't feel like going to google, travelocity, time out ny, expedia, yahoo, wikipedia, or any of the gazillion other websites on the interwebs to get an answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

NT! my man - OOT is not the only forum that gets 10+ dumb posts a day like that, B&M gets it too (not as many of course, but we get it). Some times I jokingly call the B&M forum poker for people with training wheels, its the "real poker" forum for guys who are afraid to learn they don't know diddly about poker strategy. We don't ban anyone over dumb or mis-placed threads unless the person is a multi-time previously warned offender (I admit we ban for under-age ID posts, but thats such a blatant infringement and its usually just for a day). We usually just move the post to the right forum and send him a PM... perhaps you could try the same strategy if the post has zero OOT history to avoid turning them off?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:28 AM

TT,

perhaps you could do some more to bring this discussion back to things we tried back in 2005? how many PMs do you think i would send in a day if i tried to hold the hand of every lazy, bad poster in OOT? if you want to get into inane PM arguments with a dozen people a day about why their post isn't allowed, feel free. i'll send you my password.

new forum software will allow us to suspend OOT OP privileges which is a far superior solution, in the meantime, i have no more patience for this crap
Old 10-23-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

of course if i had moved this to the travel forum someone would show up (probably tuq) and complain that nobody will asnwer it there (which they won't) and i'm being unfair by not letting people use OOT for whatever inane crap pops into their head.

lol at jim kuhn saying word one to anybody about a bad ban. own up to your own ridiculous mistakes before you go criticizing anyone else. just like your last ban, you probably didn't even know that this is covered in the rules.

dynasty you can go get [censored] too, we all know how great a mod of OOT you turned out to be. OOT posters support this policy and anyone who doesn't like it can post somewhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure can imagine that dealing with all of the BS posts must be frustrating. But would you possibly considering letting NYplayer slide on this one and get his acct. priveldges back? Thanks for the consideration.