Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: 10/20nl tough river decision.

I call.

He could be turning a weaker hand into a bluff if a diamond peeled out.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:42 PM

shoving is terrible here and id say more of a bluff than a value raise. In some other thread I remember he called a pot sized bet on a paired board on the turn w/ a flush draw so maybe he'd be willing to call the turn here hoping he'll get paid off on the river since he has a fairly loose image and I think definitely part of his range.

I don't really think he's value betting something like A10 or K10 like this, I'd expect a c/c or more of a half-2/3 pot blocker/value bet than a full pot bet. Especially since there's only one ace left I think it knocks out alot of his 2 pair hands he might try to value bet here. He has a set like 0% of the time. Only hand I can really see playing like this that you beat is a really weak ace that knows its beat (but called the turn anyway?) or a stubborn KQ/KJ. Not sure how often he'd turn a made hand into a bluff in a spot like this. I don't think calling is too terrible really since your hand is so strong but its tough to put him on a hand we beat. I think folding is probably better.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call.

He could be turning a weaker hand into a bluff if a diamond peeled out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don has(d) a Lambo. Listen to him! HOLLA!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:58 PM

"The flop was ak9. So he knows that since I raised preflop that if he tries to c/r a flush draw he knows that one of two things are going to happen. A. he will take down a small pot when I fold. B. I am going no where with aq,ak,aa,kk,99"

surely when you raise on button your range is massively wider than listed. wide enough that it seems to me his cr with a flush draw should show immediate profit right?

or is it more profitable to just call, bc now he doestn get moved off his draw and can win a big pot if youre strong; and if youre weak he can steal later?

i really dont belong in this forum but im really interested in why he would play a flush draw like this and this seems like a standard spot for any stakes.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:07 PM

samo definitely calls turn with naked diamonds. anyone remember when he called down grim with a 6 high flush draw on a paired board? everyone told him he played it back then he said 'well i got paid off so i must have played it good !!!' then him and zeejustin got in an argument
Old 08-24-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
samo definitely calls turn with naked diamonds. anyone remember when he called down grim with a 6 high flush draw on a paired board? everyone told him he played it back then he said 'well i got paid off so i must have played it good !!!' then him and zeejustin got in an argument

[/ QUOTE ]

86s vs Samo
samo sets grim on life tilt
Old 08-24-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that was a pretty fun one. Also Grimms argument for calling after the flush hit was that Samo would be making a mistake calling the turn with a flushdraw so he paid him off, thus making Samos turn call correct in that scenario
Old 08-24-2007, 03:57 PM

Call here, and for the future bet the flop a little harder, $130-$135.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:09 PM

lol at shoving as a bluff, you think he's taking this line with a flush and folding? wtf?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:33 PM

folding is waaaaay better than shoving

but id call like everyone else tho against samo id expect a combo draw which hit diamonds a lot here