Wimp 37 36.27%
Moran 40 39.22%
Jerk 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]

I wasn't against Denver.

That said, I would have put any of last year's WC playoff teams as favorites over Cleveland in a 7-game series. GS being the only close one. I don't even remember the finals that well, but I distinctly remember never thinking for a minute that the Spurs were going to lose any of the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then perhaps you shouldn't offer your worthless [censored] opinion about it(again, one game was a 1 point game and the other game was a 3 point game)? Jesus this thread has taken a turn for the retarded.

tuq- Time to apply yet more introspection to your argument:

If the Cavaliers, say, had played .500 ball against the top N WC teams but had managed to [censored] around and lose to some WC bottomfeeders so their total record against the conference was 11-19 would you ignore that data point as irrelevant to the relative strength of the two conferences?

I suspect not, given that you included the 45 win 6th seeded Denver Nuggets as a title contender(they lost in the first round!) once you saw the Cavs did poorly against them. I wonder how the Cavs did against the Lakers and Warrior? I'm sure everyone reading this was as shocked as I was to discover that the Cavs went 4-0 against those teams. The Cavs went 8-8 against the WC playoff teams.

The only reason you've seized on this "performance against good teams means more for some reason" nonsense is because you don't understand math(all teams play poorly against good teams! 4-6 against the 5 WC teams better records is a completely respectable and predictable outcome.) Your argument is both intellectually dishonest and insultingly stupid.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The stat is absolutely relevant and breaking it down further is sophistry trying to find a small sample that supports your point.

[/ QUOTE ]
IMMEDIATELY following this, you wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
The Cavs swept the regular season series against the Spurs

[/ QUOTE ]
So it's OK for you to use a TWO GAME SAMPLE but it's not OK for me to cite the much larger sample size that is how they fared against WC contenders?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOLOL....wow you made a SON out of him here!

99,711 and counting
Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 PM

That's a weak troll even from you Assani. Can't do you whip some something retarded about Steve Nash? Maybe include a second string of gibberish numbers(perhaps counting up?) and namedrop another forum or three? I don't want your act to get stale and you to lose all your fans!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:15 PM

Fly,

Are you a Spurs fan?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:17 PM

LOL.....you bring my name up for no reason whatsoever, and I'm the troll. What is your obsession with me? Don't get mad at me just because you just got completely SONNED.

99,709.25 and counting
Old 11-13-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
28-13 through 41 is tanking it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The turning point I always gave when we discussed this last year was Pop's press conference after the Miami game on 2/11. They were 33-18 at that point. They lost 3 meaningful games the rest of the season.

So yes, they were tanking it.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:29 PM

I'm a Cavaliers fan, but I do think the Spurs were easily the best team in the league last year(and again this year, fwiw).

Assani- Listen BUCKO, trolling the same weak material twice is not good trolling(Eight or nine times might be though! SONNED!!!!). I brought your name up because you are closely associated with terrible and dishonest analysis of the NBA. It's shorthand. Come on, it's attention, I know you love it.

Quick, explain how Steve Nash is better than Larry Bird(oh, wait, Bird is white too. OK, Magic Johnson). And.... GO!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I wasn't against Denver.

That said, I would have put any of last year's WC playoff teams as favorites over Cleveland in a 7-game series. GS being the only close one. I don't even remember the finals that well, but I distinctly remember never thinking for a minute that the Spurs were going to lose any of the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then perhaps you shouldn't offer your worthless [censored] opinion about it(again, one game was a 1 point game and the other game was a 3 point game)? Jesus this thread has taken a turn for the retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

roofles.

I just remembered that I didn't watch all of game 3, as I was at a Dodgers/Mets game and someone blurted out the score. Game 4 was garbage time points. That game was in hand the whole way.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:32 PM

Fly,

I don't know why but for some reason I thought you were a Spurs fan--didn't realize you were a Cavs guy. Anyway, proceed.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:35 PM

kbfc- Just because I do enjoy making you look bad, Game 4 was tied with 4:41 left. roofles indeed.