Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Maybe I have some outs, maybe I have the best hand, full games suck

Guy's stats are like 45/15 over about 50 hands. He hasn't really shown down much at this point. Same 15 as before. Results don't matter, but I did get to the river in the actual hand. Donk/fold real two pair/trips? Bet/call straight? Check/call paired board that isn't Ace? UI?

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, CO folds.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero goes to 2+2 to ask what to do here and what to do on blank/improvement rivers if we get there
Old 04-19-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Maybe I have some outs, maybe I have the best hand, full games suc

I call and check call a non diamond river. I pay off everybody though.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-19-2007, 04:10 AM

can u please explain those poker stats? I seriously have no idea what people are saying when they post that... My poker knowledge is strictly Live
Old 04-19-2007, 12:11 PM

These numbers are derived from PokerTracker software. The first number is the percentage of time that you voluntarily put money into the flop. The second number is the percentage of hands that you raise pre-flop. If there is a third number, that would be a measure of your aggressiveness.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These numbers are derived from PokerTracker software. The first number is the percentage of time that you voluntarily put money into the flop. The second number is the percentage of hands that you raise pre-flop. If there is a third number, that would be a measure of your aggressiveness.

[/ QUOTE ]

is that percentage of times overall that he raises or percentage of times that he's in the pot that he raises? in this example (45/15) does this mean that he raises 1/3 of the time that he plays (15% overall), or 15% of the time that he plays?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:20 PM

the 15 means he raises 15% of the time preflop so 1/3 of the time he plays is correct, the 3rd number if shown as stated is a measure of aggressiveness, it calculated by times Bet+Raise/Call I think under 1 means they call more than they bet, and over 1 means they bet more than they call.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Maybe I have some outs, maybe I have the best hand, full games suck

Untill villian shows tendacies to suggest otherwise I think folding to that raise has to be the correct move. I mean given Hero's PF and Flop play and that board does villian really expect for Hero to fold. Can he even make that raise with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] into that board. How about A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. When we're ahead it can't be that often and when we're behind how many outs can we give ourselves to improve. Five at the most. His PF stats are on the loose/passive side and not much aggression postflop according to hero.

Then if you do improve do you really want to bet/call a straight. That can't be a +EV move against this guy. Do you want to bet/fold a paired board. That can't be right because how can he not be concerned about a FH if he is holding a flush. If he made a FH that means he either limped AA/KK/JJ or called the flop with 77. Now you have to call just because of the WTF factor.

EDIT: I realized one hand I forgot to consider was KJ which cleans up many outs for us. Those combos alone may sway this to a call and fold river UI. Of course how many players will fold for that one more bet once there.