Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Standard Parent Question

A couple days ago I was having a conversation with my parents and my mother brought up the issue of having kids. I have never really discussed this and I told her that I dont see myself having kids ever. She gave me this look of disappointment as if I had done something wrong. I told her, that I dont want to be held down and it is not a responsibility that I am interested in or want to take on at any point in my life. She then brings up the angle of what if your wife, not girlfriend, but wife doesnt feel the same? Of course I tell her that it would not be her decision alone I have a voice and if she wants a kid its not gonna happen.

My mother just like everyones mother wants their kids to be happy, live a good life, ya know all that fun happy stuff. I dont have a huge religious background, I was never forced to go to church and always had the option to make my own decisions in my life.

At this point in my life I just dont see myself having kids of my own in the future, but I feel like they want me to go against my feelings and atleast think about it. I cant predict how I will feel about the subject in 2,5, or 10 years. What is it with parents and why they are always so obsessed with having grandchildren?