Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 12:18 PM

Default 110 NLTRN

Given the first couple of hands shown here (all major pots played so far) do you like a lead or a check raise on the last hand?

Reads so far are villain is fishy and seems to float a little more than usual with too weak of draws He's 3-bet me 3 times already, each time I folded weaker hands in my raising range.

******* Hand 1 ********

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t10/t20
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
hero: t1470
BB: t1530

Pre-flop: (2 players) hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t80)</font>.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t120, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets t70</font>, BB calls t70 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t190)</font>.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t260, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets t155</font>, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: t155 returned to hero.

Results:
Final pot: t260

******* Hand 2 ********

Poker Stars
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: t1540
hero: t1460

Pre-flop: (2 players) hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t40</font>, hero calls t20 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t60)</font>.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t80, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets t40</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to t140</font>, SB calls t100 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t260)</font>.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t360, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets t275</font>, SB folds.
Uncalled bets: t275 returned to hero.

Results:
Final pot: t360

******* Hand 3 ********

Poker Stars
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
hero: t1690
BB: t1310

Pre-flop: (2 players) hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
hero calls t10 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t30)</font>, BB checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t40, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets t40</font>, hero calls t40 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t80)</font>.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t120, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets t100</font>, hero calls t100 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t220)</font>.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t320, 2 players)
BB checks, hero checks.

Results:
Final pot: t320

villain had 86o here

******* Hand 4 ********

Poker Stars
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: t1150
hero: t1850

Pre-flop: (2 players) hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t60</font>, hero calls t40 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t80)</font>.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t120, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets t120</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to t380</font>, SB calls t260 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t620)</font>.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t880, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: t880
Old 06-29-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: 110 NLTRN

given your read, and the previous hands, i like a check raise here, he seems to play weak draws and is prob. on a flush draw here, maybe middle pair. i think a check raise will get you some extra chips, before he correctly folds. i think leading out will cause him to fold the draw as opposed to betting hoping for you to fold. looks like he may call the c/r, if he re-raised you, then i would probably give him credit for the ace and let it go to the muck.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:57 PM

grunch. note very limited HUSNG experience.

can I vote for a check-call?

mainly I don't like creating an big pot OOP with a tricky hand when we've played back at 2 of his cbets already. I know it's a wet flop, but we'll still have lots of options if a scarecard comes. The way he pots it after you've attacked his cbets suggests he is either desperate for some FE or he that has got quite good hand this time and is looking for some action/protection. Basically I don't think I'd bet this flop without a hand a lot of the time given previous action.

As played I guess you have to shove.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:07 PM

Hand 1: 70 is just not a strong enough cbet in general Im going to use 90 especially against someone who is fishy and floating. Turn seems like a clear check to me, its a nice card to bluff which is why I think betting the turn doesnt have a lot of value Id chance it and check trying to extract some value on the river.

Hand 2: Well Im not someone who plays K7o OOP deepstacked but Ill ignore that for now, I think c/raising the flop way over represents your hand Im going to c/c and lead almost every turn.

Hand 3: Id fold preflop as well like I think most of the time Id being playing raise or fold with these stacks sizes I guess limping is ok against a very weak player who wont be able to figure out that limping means a super weak hand, he 3-bet you twice you said so Id just fold here. Postflop I think is played perfectly, turn is a very obvious card to double barrel.

Hand 4 again Im going to c/c the flop but if the ace came (or as you played) nothing to do but check and see what he does and make a decision from there.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:10 PM

Dee, I can't check raise here without shoving if that's what you meant by if he reraises me I'd have to fold. If you meant bet-fold I don't think I can bet and fold to a raise here because he only has about 700 behind right now going into the turn. If I bet somewhere around 500 would probably be the bet size on this turn.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:12 PM

Cwar, in hand 1 I did not have a floating read yet, it was very early in the match.

And in hand two he minraised, I don't often fold K7 to a minraise preflop.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:35 PM

What hands would you fold against a minraise from button? I guess I'm quite loose in that position. I'd call K7 100% of time. What's your range cwar? How about you ChicagoRy? Well maybe I should start a new thread, I'm not sure.

My calling range from that position is usually something like:
Any suited, 45, 65, 75, 86, 96, T6, J6, Q5, K2. Is this a leak?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:57 PM

If he's minraising something say 30-40% and that's about all he's doing as far as raising I'm calling a little wider than I'd call a 3x but nothing insanely wide. If he's minraising randomly I call a lot wider-ATC depending on how bad/tilty he is and what kind of reads I feel I have at that point in the game.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the first couple of hands shown here (all major pots played so far) do you like a lead or a check raise?

******* Hand 4 ********

Poker Stars
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: t1150
hero: t1850

Pre-flop: (2 players) hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t60</font>, hero calls t40 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t80)</font>.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t120, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets t120</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to t380</font>, SB calls t260 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t620)</font>.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t880, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: t880

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I just don't know it.

1. You can chicken out and fold if he bets. No problem, you still have much chips left.

2. Or you basically put him all-in and gamble he doesn't have and ace or king+better kicker, but is on a draw or tilting.

This is how I read his play:
He raises preflop: he has a good hand
He bets pot on the flop: he has a not so good hand
He calls your raise: he has a good hand.

I don't know what to do with that.

Maybe his potbet on the flop is because he knows you will call anyway.
Maybe his call of your flopraise is because he's tired of getting pushed around.

You raised the flop because you think you have the best hand and he is on a draw. Do you think he has an ace? Of not, put him all-in.

Let's gamble!
Old 06-29-2007, 05:12 PM

I miss-read the amount of chips.,
the more i think about it i would probably check call. in the moment, however im sure i would push,i dont think he is beating you yet.