Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How valuable have session reviews been to you?
Very valuable 7 16.67%
Somewhat valuable 18 42.86%
Little Value 5 11.90%
No Value 3 7.14%
Ive never done a review! 9 21.43%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Pokes Poker cashouts

I know a lot of you have money with Pokes.

I called futurebet (the company allegedly responsible for banking) and they claim they handle software only for Pokes. Pokes obviously claims that is a lie and they owe them a huge some of money for cashouts.

How hard can it be to prove what happened to over 1 million dollars?

Its not like futurebet can honestly expect to deny holding the money, keep it, and expect nothing to happen.

It looks like we are all going to lose our $ there.

Can anyone shed any light on the situation? Is futurebet a financially secure company? Anyone?

Thx
Old 12-17-2006, 03:18 PM

Default Re: POKES POKER CASHOUTS

Link to lengthy discussion thread in NVG
Old 12-17-2006, 03:50 PM

Just got off the phone with Futurebet's upper management. I am going to quote exactly what Ron from Futurebet told me and I will hold him accountable on this forum for everything he claims.

1. He explains that Pokes grew extremely fast, unable to process the mass amounts of cashouts that were being requested in a short span of time. Perhaps due to legislation.

2. He claims that futurebet WILL take 100% responsibility and will pay Pokes' outstanding debt to players if Pokes is unable to fullfill their obligations.

3. He claims Pokes has plans to pay out in the next 2 weeks. If not Futurebet will step in and settle.

4. He told me they are meeting on Tuesday and that he will call me after that meeting and inform me as to when to expect to have ALL players paid.

5. He told me that they will be settled by the first of the year.

6. I told him I was going to keep a running thread on 2plus2 following each of these claims.

I plan to email this to him and if things happen as he says it will go a long way in helping futurebet's image.

I'm feeling kind of like a sucker right now for all I know he was calling me from a beach in Mexico but for now I'm somewhat optimistic.

Thanks,
Old 12-17-2006, 04:24 PM

Good work. This is giving me hope!
Old 12-17-2006, 05:26 PM

True, pokes players were high winning players on average, and built up their accounts. However, this is irrelevant, as we were winning OTHER PLAYERS money. All money should be accounted for.

While Pokes is ultimately to blame b/c they are who we played with, Futurebet is withholding the money from Pokes and are downright thieves at this point.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:23 PM

Nice work dangerfish, keep us posted.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:53 PM

if you want the scoop email me at Joe@zagarise.com
Old 12-17-2006, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have somthing to add... why don't you just post it?
Old 12-18-2006, 12:56 AM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have somthing to add... why don't you just post it?

I actually made a comment about this guy and how fishy it sounded. I went ahead and spoke to him last night. He is actually legit and was able to explain a lot of things to me. Not much of it was good news unfortunately. Like I said I plan to speak with Ron on Tuesday evening or Wed and I will press him hard on the points I outlined. If things are not progressing like he says, I will have done enough research by then ( including calling ongame and getting to the bottom of who actually holds our funds) avoid any bs he may try and confront me with. Needless to say, it is an ugly process but I am going to make it my mission to get to the bottom of it.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:33 AM

The problems existed before legislation. I'm sure the legislation didn't help, but it isn't the root of the problem.

Futurebet is not just a software provider. They were an intermediary between Ongame and Pokes. Ongame licensed Futurebet and Futurebet sublicensed Pokes. According to Pokes, money (rake, winnings) passed from Ongame to Futurebet to Pokes. Futurebet did not pass along that money as they should have.

It seems bizarre that Futurebet will step in and "handle Pokes' financial obligations," since the root of the problem, according to Pokes, is that Futurebet isn't honoring its financial obligations.

Someone is lying here, that's for sure.