[ QUOTE ]
next store?

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

the error in your post?

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a joke?

Im ripped right now, and it was a serious revelation to me that I actually say nexstore, when I said it out loud.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Dealing with moron neighbors

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously. I'm not gonna defend my actions and the actions of other parents in the neighborhood anymore until someone shows me a low traffic, isolated cul de sac with half a dozen kids or more in three or more surrounding houses that DOESN'T use the cul de sac as a common area.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be, but I guarantee you those other cul de sacs don't have a constant problem of driver's blowing through stop signs at speed.

If instead of a dangerous stop sign at the corner there was a crack house that featured periodic gunfire, would you let you kids play in front of it? They're legally entitled to play on that sidewalk, right? No. You wouldn't. Not until the crack house was closed and the area was safe.

Until there is no longer a problem with the unsafe corner, you are a fool to let your kids play in that street.

And it's the kids who are going to pay for your pig-headedness.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
next store?

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

the error in your post?

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a joke?

Im ripped right now, and it was a serious revelation to me that I actually say nexstore, when I said it out loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

great joke!
Old 09-09-2007, 02:00 AM

Psuasskicker.

It seems you are more interested in being right than you are in protecting your kids.

No matter how many different ways people try to tell you, the problem is simple. The worse case scenerio involves a [b]car[b] and [b]kid[b]. You can control your kids by keeping them of the cds, but you can only "hope" to infuence the drivers.

So, it would seem that you are so intent of being right, that you will stubbornly allow your kids to play on the Cds, and prepare in advance an arguemnt that if anything happens it's the driver's fault.

My take: I'm not playing Russian roulette with my kid against randon, unpredictable, inattentive teenages just to prove a point. But hey, that's just me.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That may be, but I guarantee you those other cul de sacs don't have a constant problem of driver's blowing through stop signs at speed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this. When did I ever say people are constantly blowing that stop sign without slowing down? People roll through the stop sign consistently, but I think I already said that allowing them to play out in the cds where we do and under the supervision we have, they're not at risk when that happens.

So in case it wasn't clear before, this is the first time anyone has seen a driver take that corner without bothering to slow down. And as I know has been mentioned, we're taking action to make sure that doesn't happen again.

- C -
Old 09-09-2007, 10:09 AM

Just because you bought a house next to it doesn't mean you own the fking road hyachahchachacha
Old 09-09-2007, 11:21 AM

OP, Go get your digital camera and take a picture along this vector. Post here.

a google maps satellite shot would do nicely.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:57 PM

There's nothing you can do to stop this from happening again that's guaranteed. I hope you don't really believe that. Even if they sit a cop there for a little while and he hands out a few tickets that isn't going to stop some other random person from doing this 6 mos. from now.

I can understand why you'd be angry, but you're overreacting a bit. As you said, it was the only time it's ever happened to this degree. As a parent it's your job to protect your kids. If you really feel that it's an unsafe situation, then shame on you for allowing your kids play there.

FWIW, I have 2 daughters 4 and 6 and I have a sister who lives in basically the same situation, although her house is at the end of the CDS(E in your diagram.) Unfortunately I have to visit that suburban hellhole from time to time and you really shouldn't have the kids playing in the small stretch of road leading into the CDS. Why not restrict them to being mostly down in the circle where they are much safer? We are talking about toddlers here.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't get this. When did I ever say people are constantly blowing that stop sign without slowing down? People roll through the stop sign consistently, but I think I already said that allowing them to play out in the cds where we do and under the supervision we have, they're not at risk when that happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if it isn't a regular problem why do you want to post cops at the corner? Surely it's just a waste of their time if this isn't a regular problem.

The street is not an appropriate place for toddlers to be playing. Build a playground in your backyard, take them to the park, teach them to stay out of the street, anything but playing in the street. It's especially stupid for you to have them out in the street at dusk.