Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: samsung 30\"....comments?

I did google strike, but I suck at life and couldn't find any poker table pics w/30"

I did find plenty of pics though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Basically I heard 9 tabling with no overlap is fine (on tilt/stars resizeable) I'm just curious if I'll still be able to read my stats cause pahud is important to me AND I play full ring so the tables are crowded.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:54 PM

I have the Dell and like it a lot. Great for general use and and DVDs look fairly sweet on it.

Here is a picture of someone's from an older thread:

Old 08-03-2007, 05:11 PM

How long does it take to get one of these shipped from the stars store?
Old 08-03-2007, 05:31 PM

As someone mentioned already, be better off getting the $1500 VIP Bonus and just buying the monitor. Can get the monitor (Dell or the Samsung) for under $1300.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:53 PM

I actually have a thread in the Computer forum about this very thing, as well as a thread at anandtech.com and widescreengaming.com...

The more I read, the more the best of the 30" monitors is the HP (forget the model number). I was heavily leaning towards the Samsung myself, (to couple with dual 20" Dell's in portrait), but the fact that the Samsung only has 1 DVI input as well as NOT BEING HDCP compatible was a total deal breaker for me.

Every comparison I read has the HP ahead of both the Dell and Samsung due to the 92% color gamut (Samsung has this as well, the Dell does not) which gives you MUCH better/accurate colors. The thing that puts the HP ahead of the Samsung is the multiple inputs as well as being HDCP.

GL and HTH.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:44 AM

If you want to spend less money, you might want to consider a Viewsonic 28" LCD. I just bought mine for a little over $700 from newegg and I am able to fit 12 tables on it. It was cheaper than the Dell 27" and seems good to me. It can also display 1080p HD content although I haven't tried that yet.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:05 AM

My suggestion for whenever you want an item from the Stars store is to just get the $1500 bonus and then buy the item yourself. The $1500 bonus gives approximately the best $/pt ratio, whereas with the items you're likely paying extra (in points) for some sort of 3rd party handler. Also, you can probably find some good deals online (definitely better than the $/pt you'd get from the Stars store).
Old 08-04-2007, 12:46 PM

The concierge service is even better $/pt ration than the $1500 bonus though.

So if you want a different monitor than what is available in the store you should be able to arrange to get that.

Don't know if they would let you concierge for cheaper for an item already in their store though. Doesn't seem likely.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The concierge service is even better $/pt ration than the $1500 bonus though.

So if you want a different monitor than what is available in the store you should be able to arrange to get that.

Don't know if they would let you concierge for cheaper for an item already in their store though. Doesn't seem likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thougth about that, I'd also include the new video card needed. I think I'll email and ask.

Anyone nice enough to post or link to a 30" playing 9 tilt tables...I'm really curious "how much shrinking" is required, and if it's necessary. Cause right now I use full tilt shortcuts and you can't shrink [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

edited to add, and their can't be overlap for everything to work properly
Old 08-04-2007, 02:57 PM

This my 9 table setup, with the status bars overlapping. You can see a regular sized table on the right.