Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Would you fold this fullhouse?

I would. This is essentially a blind v blind battle. BB could have all sorts of random hands here (worse 8, low flush draw, straight draw), lower PP.

Flat calling here gives us no information about his hand.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:49 PM

Why are we potting the turn? What are we trying to push him off of that we don't already beat or he'll never fold (9 or a flush). I think flop call is marginal but probably OK (read dependent). Check behind on this turn. Fold this river, you beat a bluff or maybe splitting.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:49 PM

bsbal8806. I'm folding this river as played also but if you were to play river again would you:

a)c/f

or

b)b/f

This decision is obviously based apon how much of this villans hand is a full house and how much is a flush.

His flop bet makes it look like its not a draw but does he really have implied odds to call turn after you've repped what looks like a flush.

Imo, checking this river forces a flush to bet out.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are we potting the turn? What are we trying to push him off of that we don't already beat or he'll never fold (9 or a flush). I think flop call is marginal but probably OK (read dependent). Check behind on this turn. Fold this river, you beat a bluff or maybe splitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too sure on this one but I think betting this turn is viable as his pot sized flop bet is probably sized to price out draws. That turn card sucks for him so why not try and take it here against someone who isn't a call-monkey?

Granted PSB is probably a little more than you're likely to bet if you do have a flush though as you would be wanting to keep him hanging in there with trips...
Old 10-30-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too sure on this one but I think betting this turn is viable as his pot sized flop bet is probably sized to price out draws. That turn card sucks for him so why not try and take it here against someone who isn't a call-monkey?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're assuming he probably has a 9. I doubt he's folding that here. IMO this is why we need to raise the flop, to help better determine BB's hand.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bsbal8806. I'm folding this river as played also but if you were to play river again would you:

a)c/f

or

b)b/f

This decision is obviously based apon how much of this villans hand is a full house and how much is a flush.

His flop bet makes it look like its not a draw but does he really have implied odds to call turn after you've repped what looks like a flush.

Imo, checking this river forces a flush to bet out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I c/f. I can't see a flush betting this river with 2pr on the board.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:21 PM

call flop check turn call river would have been a good line.

Not sure what your doing on the turn, but your bet is too thin for a valuebet and just doesn't work as a bluff versus fish...or even decent players. Guy would have to be pretty weak/tight for it to work at all (you need to fold better hands, like TT/JJ..but QQ+ gunna be tuff to get them to fold).
Old 10-31-2007, 04:19 AM

Thanks for the replies. This is what i think about the hand.
Ok, i should of folded preflop.
He could easily have a draw or an 8 on the flop with a worse kicker, so i just called. I see now that either raising or folding was the better way to go.
After he bet the flop then checked the turn, i bet to represent the flush. Maybe that was the wrong thing to do at these limits because he probs will just call anyway.
On the river it was an almost clear fold to me, but im a donk so i called.
He had 69.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all streets are played wrong. go read 6max fundamentals by tien, then read it again, then play, then post. sorry for being like that, but sometimes You must take criticism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although i disagree that i played every street completely wrong, i agree that you have to take some criticism now and again.
Can you please give me the link to the 6max fundamentals article by tien.