Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Winstar

Or a SWAT team filming for TV, with tapes that go missing later...
Old 08-20-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or a SWAT team filming for TV, with tapes that go missing later...

[/ QUOTE ]

was there for that one too...
Old 08-21-2007, 01:46 AM

You still haven't shown up for my home game, have you? Much mellower, much mellower.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just want to add my two cents about Winstar;

[censored] Winstar. Their rake is too high, they dont comp drinks, I got stiffed by a waitress and the floor didn't do a damned thing. They have a bad beat jackpot that they rake from the [censored] small blind. When they were running sattelites for their Sunday $300 tourney, they were $50 sats, nine man tables, one seat awarded, no cash for first/second, i.e., charging 30% juice on a sattelite that probably has an hour of play to it.

I dont play there anymore. I can play for the same rake in Dallas and get free food and drink, and not have to drive 150 miles roundtrip to do it.

I wish poker players would boycott rooms that dont give us a fair shake. The problem is that it's hard to notice, but it's egregious. You might not notice $1 per pot, or an extra $10 per sattelite, but they're doing it to hundreds of players every day. [censored] Winstar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much feel the same way. But they get a lot of players everyday. If anything they should raise the rake. Dumb Texans/Okies will still play. Just look at the ridiculous 50 cent ante blackjack. I'm sure it'll will be a joke of a tournament when they're trying to figure out what to do at the end of each day. Are they playing through the bubble on day 1s?

Anyway, I just can't stand the taking of the BBJ $1 before the [censored] hand is dealt. Drives me nuts.

P.S. Good luck to any 2+2ers playing this weekend.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:18 AM

Im playing. The $1 take out of the sb for the BBJ is misleading also. 33% goes to the BBJ, 33% goes to the Indians, and 33% goes to taxes from what I hear. But of course they tell you it goes to the BBJ.

.50 a hand BJ is such a joke. If they are going to rape you with their excessive rake or fees on every game you would think you could at least get shitfaced to lessen the blow.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just want to add my two cents about Winstar;

[censored] Winstar. Their rake is too high, they dont comp drinks, I got stiffed by a waitress and the floor didn't do a damned thing. They have a bad beat jackpot that they rake from the [censored] small blind. When they were running sattelites for their Sunday $300 tourney, they were $50 sats, nine man tables, one seat awarded, no cash for first/second, i.e., charging 30% juice on a sattelite that probably has an hour of play to it.

I dont play there anymore. I can play for the same rake in Dallas and get free food and drink, and not have to drive 150 miles roundtrip to do it.

I wish poker players would boycott rooms that dont give us a fair shake. The problem is that it's hard to notice, but it's egregious. You might not notice $1 per pot, or an extra $10 per sattelite, but they're doing it to hundreds of players every day. [censored] Winstar.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Comped Drinks- BS, sodas, coffee and tea are free. In room grill serves right at the table.

Stiffed by a waitress? What does that mean, she turned you down?

"I can play for the same rake in Dallas"

Where? I've had friends who chopped a pot three ways at a club that sounds a LOT like your name and they got back $33.00 less than they put into the pot. That is one hell of a wack job on the pot. I've heard of double wacking a pot but $33.00?

Someone else has already mentioned the dangers of a underground cardroom. For those not in Dallas, an omaha game was hit bymultiple robbers one might, they came in shooting with AK47's and a shotgun, as reported on local TV.
No one seriously injured but one player was hit by shrapnel.

Yep, that's so much better than a drive up I-35.

On the satellites, before you play one, you know what they are giving away, if you don't like the odds, don't buy in. $50.00 satellites have a $10.00 fee but then nothing else in your post was all that acurate either.

If you prefer to stay in Texas and play in unsavory locations without protection either physical or ethical games, then good for you, you will not be missed.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:01 PM

There are 3 starting days (thur, fri. sat.) with 330 people each day. The top 33 from each day come back Sunday for the final. You get 5k starting chips and 40 min levels. The blinds are 25-25, 25-50, 50-100, 75-150, 100-200 25 ante, 150-300 25 ante 200-400 50 ante, 300-600 50 ante, etc.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:14 PM

We'll see how many they play down to every day.

The structure looks decent though, it's about 5 hours of play before the blinds get a bit tricky, I'd say.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:30 AM

any friday starts ( or i guess any for that matter)
wanna make a LL prop bet?
Old 08-23-2007, 01:48 AM

i have a friday start, i'll be the young kid with a white hurley hoodie on probably. feel free to say whats up