Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 07:28 AM

Default no Limit keeps making me sick

Normally I play 25/50 LHE but since action is rare and there often multiple players waiting for an opponent( this refers to HU) Iam trying to find another satisfieng game.

So I sometimes try no Limit and iam a huge winner at nL 200 so far and a small winner at nL 400 over a tiny sample of maybe 10K and I play very laggy preflop (32/25 like) so ive good swings. But I didnt continue because I dont like this game and Limit is still pretty juicy at least the last months. This month is pretty fk.

Today I tried HU nL 400 and it came clear to me why I usually avoid no limit.

I played 2 session 1 table.

1. Session iam up almost 5 stacks over my opponent and he has 400 behind. He was a huge maniac and soooo exploitable .However I flopped top pair and we stack off and he hits his 2 outer on the river. meh happens so now he has almost 800 behind. After that hand he suddenly changes his preflop style and his raises ment something now .

So I loose some money while figuering that out.

Before he usually raised 6-7 BBs every btn he, 3 bet my standard 17$ raise from the btn very often to huge amounts like 71 or 102 usually with mediocre hands. I tried to limp my btn since I dont want to play huge pots with mediocre hans but then he raised to 34 and such just to show what kind of played he was.

So after that hand I loose another 400 due his change. Then a Hand comes up where I have 2,2 behind and he 1,2k then I get dealt QQ get it allin pre and he shwos AA.

Second Session almost the same, opponent this time mr weak and predicatble and I pretty much destroy him more and more.
So I sit there with like 2k and he with his 400( note he never reload and always played till he lost his whole stack so most of the time I had to play him with 100 behind wich makes it even worse).
So he manages to win a big Pot sittin there with 700-800 and i have like 1,7k behind. When I get JJ and he 3balls pre( note this was the first Time he ever 3bet) and I called.
Flop was low and drawy and I call his cbet Turn pairs the board and he chks I bet like 3/4 Pot and he calls the River is a Q the Pot is like 700 and he has 200 or so behind he chks so I pretend he has to have AK or some kind or pocket pair like 9s and put him allin obviously he had AQo and played it brilliant.Yes I couldve 3bet fold pre or raise fold the Flop but my no Limit Game isnt that developed. And this was the first Time he 3balled pre and I was a little confused what to do.

So I loose this Pot and got sooooooo bad feelings that I called him a fish in the chatbox wich I didnt since months at the Limit tables and I had a day where I lost 4K already this month. It was just all that husstle about winning his friggn 150 behind for hundreds of hands and finally loose a huge Pot destroying most of my work( in my sense).

I had to instaleave both tables or I wouldve lost all due playing on emotional tilt wich is especially true because I make good plays based on intuition rather then logic but iam not able to when iam have bad feelings for my opponent. I start doing the complete opposite of what I should and would do if iam playing my A game.

Anyone has suggestions how to mentally deal with it and to continiue playing my A game.