Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Getting back to Online Poker and other general questions

Hello everyone,

First post here, love the forums. I've tried using the search function but very little came up.

A litte bit about myself. Stopped playing online poker after neteller shut down operations in the US and have strictly played live since. I've been reading through numerous threads about how people juggle live and online poker. The obvious benefits of playing online include the numbers of hands seen per hour, multi-tabling etc.

The weekend trips to AC and Foxwoods have been taking its toll on me lately and I'd love to start splitting time between the poker rooms and online.

Question #1 - What do you guys currently use to deposit money to FTP or PS? What options are best and the easiest to use?

Question #2 - I already have a FTP screen name so does this mean I'm not eligible for the rakeback? Can I create a new username? If i'm not eligible, what's the best site to play at currently with rakeback options?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-02-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Getting back to Online Poker and other general questions

#1 - I use Epassporte. For me it is pretty easy and cheap because I primarily use it for cashing out and moving money between sites (e.g. out of Abosolute or FTP to play tourneys on Stars). The Epassporte load fees are pretty high and my sense is that it has gotten more difficult to load accounts as some credit cards and banks will not process the loads. Some people have had success with pre-paid credit cards. I would suggest calling the site and seeing what deposition options they recommend. Some of them have worked it out so that you can deposit with a regular credit card or debit card.

#2 - If you have a real money account you probably can't get rakeback. If you just have an account, but have never deposited you probably can. If this describes you, contact a FTP affiliate and ask how to proceed.

I had a real money FTP account, but wasn't playing there for lack of rackback. I asked them to close the account. Shortly thereafter they sent me a message indicated that they were willing to convert my account to a rakeback account. Thus, it is possible to to get rakeback at FTP even if you have had a real money account not linked to a rakeback affiliate.

#3 - If you can't get rakeback on FTP the next best options (assuming you are from the US) are probably Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet. A potential problem with these sites is that they don't have super low stakes games (AP NL games start at 10NL (with a max buy-in of $20 and a min buy-in of $4). Stars offers a lot for the microstakes player, but they don't have rakeback affiliates.

Lucky
Old 10-02-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I had a real money FTP account, but wasn't playing there for lack of rackback. I asked them to close the account. Shortly thereafter they sent me a message indicated that they were willing to convert my account to a rakeback account. Thus, it is possible to to get rakeback at FTP even if you have had a real money account not linked to a rakeback affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Is this general knowledge?
Old 10-02-2007, 12:06 PM

Here's a very informative thread dealing with ePassporte, just in case that's what you were looking into.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how common my situation is. They way I described it is exactly how it went down though. Also, they didn't give me a choice of affiliate - my account was going to be linked to rakebackpros at 27%.

Lucky
Old 10-02-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how common my situation is. They way I described it is exactly how it went down though. Also, they didn't give me a choice of affiliate - my account was going to be linked to rakebackpros at 27%.

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - please make a thread in the internet gambling forum and let them know.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:08 PM

There was a small window where FTP was converting account to rakeback. That window has closed. Lucky, this wasn't in the last few months, right? If not, it was a passing thing and is now gone.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:18 PM

This was in the last 2-weeks.

Lucky
Old 10-02-2007, 01:37 PM

Oh, snap!

Yeah, start a thread in the zoo.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:38 PM

lucky_mf, as someone who signed with Tilt prior to understand the first thing about poker, much less rakeback, I thank thee. You are my hero.