Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Had an interview today: crush/raise my hopes pls

Although it's a really crappy thing to do, it's not unknown for some companies to interview people they have no intention of hiring. I'll never forget noticing that my rejection letter from HP was sent BEFORE they even conducted the interview.

Needless to say, I made them pay for that for years by not having the government buy millions in HP equipment when I could make that call. Next time guys, have the courtesy to send the letter AFTER the interview.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:37 PM

explanation: you didn't get the job. aka, you got cut from the interview cycle because you are not what they are looking for.

other thought: as far as i know (from seeing interviewing at one of the top hedge funds in the world from the inside) time doesn't get wasted on those who we had no intention of hiring. 1st cut is a resume screen. pass = phone. pass= in house interview w/ other candidates. those who didn't pass any part of the in house interviews got sent home immediately b/c it's no use spending more man hours on somebody who is not getting hired.

Barron
Old 04-30-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Although it's a really crappy thing to do, it's not unknown for some companies to interview people they have no intention of hiring. I'll never forget noticing that my rejection letter from HP was sent BEFORE they even conducted the interview.

Needless to say, I made them pay for that for years by not having the government buy millions in HP equipment when I could make that call. Next time guys, have the courtesy to send the letter AFTER the interview.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was the HP equipment superior in quality and price to the other choices? Because if you did this just to exact some personal revenge you're pretty [censored].
Old 04-30-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was the HP equipment superior in quality and price to the other choices? Because if you did this just to exact some personal revenge you're pretty [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

like you wouldn't
Old 05-01-2007, 06:16 PM

Out of curiosity, what HF did you apply to, and what is your education/experience level?

From personal experience, landing a good job in finance is not easy.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

like you wouldn't

[/ QUOTE ]

HP equipment never wins on price, at least it didn't 20 years ago. And it's usually high quality. To buy high quality in the government usually means you have to bend over backwards and jump through 8 million hoops to justify it. If I didn't need the quality, I wasn't going to bend over backwards to get HP equipment, when Intel, or Lexmark, or Tektronix would do.

Let's just say that when it was a tie, they lost for a few years.