Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 12:37 AM

Default Borgata 2/5 NL games - SuperTight Passive Rules??

Ive been going over to Borgata alot since the raiding of NYC poker clubs. I've noticed that there are A LOT of regulars there now. I see the same guys stroll in every morning Im there -- i go about 8-12 days a month to borgata. I've realized that it's really hard to avoid ending up in a table with these regulars. They all seem to play the same supertight/passive styles If there are more than 3-4 of them on the table and no bad players on the table -- the game becomes really really dull.
I dont think ive played enough poker to know but Ive learned to stay away from their pots when they keep pushing since it usually means the nuts. Only way they pay u off if Monster over monster. Why do guys keep paying these regulars off is what kills me.
Is it me or does SuperTight/Passive rules in Borgata?
Old 07-24-2006, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Borgata 2/5 NL games - SuperTight Passive Rules??

I was so bored playing at my table Saturday night that I went to go play Limit Omaha H/L. My NL table was super tight and passive, but of course I payed off a full house when I hit a flush on the river. But the week before, I played at a table where it was six or more to a flop calling my $40 raises when I was playing two hands an hour, so it all depends on the people you are playing against.

I agree with what you say. The pros who play that game, for the most part, if they bet a lot, they have it. One in particular seems to be even tighter than I am. Their style of play seems to work because I often see them with a lot of chips in front of them. I rarely see them bluffing. It seems the bluffing comes more from the tourists.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:33 PM

its simple really.

once you go enough, youll see the same people there 5 times a week (like me, but im a limit guy), and you pretty much realize the deal.

nut peddling still makes money in the 2/5.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nut peddling still makes money in the 2/5

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I am wrong, but I suspect this will not work too well in 5/10 and higher NL? Sort of like the 10/20 limit pros who don't want to make the jump to 20/40 because playing tight preflop is enough for 10/20.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nut peddling still makes money in the 2/5

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I am wrong, but I suspect this will not work too well in 5/10 and higher NL? Sort of like the 10/20 limit pros who don't want to make the jump to 20/40 because playing tight preflop is enough for 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is certainly true. I think what seperates low limit from high limit players is the ability to play more hands and to know where you stand in each one. By doing so, you also know what your opponents have and what they're capable of folding/raising/calling with.