Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: 2nd hand $5 freezeout

Yeah you're not losing a lot of value by folding the turn, but for that bet size I'd have to call. They will usually have a weak ace though, so don't feel like you made a huge mistake or anything.

Also, I'd probably raise slightly more PF, maybe 160-170, but idk if it would have mattered.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:41 AM

bet 180 pre

lead out on flop... fold to a reraise. As played, I agree with lev.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:04 PM

You should be raising a bit more pf.

The flop is a really good place to check behind and get hands that we beat to lead turn. C-betting this flop to me is bad because only hands that beat us call and hands that we beat fold everytime. Also with 4 opponents getting to showdown cheap is usually my main concern on an A high flop.

Call turn as now we have widened the range of villian to hands that we are ahead of, thus giving us the correct odds to call.

You can maybe call a smallish river bet and if checked through there might be a chance that a thin value bet might work. I also don't mind checking behind on the river as well because getting c/r would suck after being this close to showdown.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:38 AM

OK, everyone saying bet the flop, what are we trying to achieve here? This just makes no sense.

Sure, 90% of the time people fold, but we are only getting called by hands that beat us, and making worse hands folds.

The only possible better hands we might get to fold are something like a weak ace, but then we'd be turning our KK into a bluff, so we may as well be doing this with J10.

Also trying to bluff players off top pair in the early stages of a 5 doller tourney is pretty suicidal.