Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 07:05 PM

Default When will a new mixed game standard come in?

This post is just a collection of thoughts so sorry if its inconcise.

I love playing a mixture of games, however i sometimes get frustrated that i have to play alot of limit poker as im not the greatest fan of it.

Ive recently wondered if there will be a No Limit mixed game standard brought in. Full Tilt already spread HA - PL Omaha and PL Holdem, so will the WSOP ever offer a bracelet in this? All games can be played N/PL (Including stud, its fun) so i just wonder if new standards will ever be brought in.

Maybe its a generation thing? Im not sure of the history of Limit poker being older than No Limit poker. But im sure with the new generation of post-boom players a more diverse mixture of No Limit games would encourage more of a mixture of games played overall.

If you have understood what im trying to get at then im very interested to see what others think of this.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: When will a new mixed game standard come in?

Until the revival of no limit hold 'em several years ago, most of the bigger games that I played in were pot limit mixed. Flop games, triple draw and stud variants were commonly included in the mix.

More and more players are learning the basics of NLHE, so the winners are mining increasingly thinner (decreasing thinner?) veins, but I don't know what the next "big thing" will be. I would love for it to be big-bet mixed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 08:46 PM

I play in a home game where it is Pot Limit Hold Em, Omaha High and Crazy Pineapple in rotation. It promotes lots of action.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:30 AM

there arent as many games that play well nl/pl as there are that play well limit.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:50 PM

I play in a home game that is a rotation of NLHE/PLO/PLO8. We also sometimes throw in PL Stud8. I think the limit betting structure has something to do with HE players not wanting to play the other games, which I understand as I much prefer big bet myself, but I think a lot of it also has to do with the lack of exposure from TV and the perceived complicatedness of the other games. Another home game I go to has started to spread a PLO table and after trying it once all of the NLHE fish are scared away b/c they feel so lost when they play it. They suck as NLHE, but they don't think they do. They know they are bad at the other games and are too stupid to learn them. Anyways, I completely agree w/ OP, I love to play all the games but also prefer to play big bet, but it can be hard to get games going for small stakes big bet besides HE.