Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Tells

Ok, so perhaps this belongs into the B&M forum. Or the beginners forum... or, well this forum.
I was playing 4/8 last night. I was down 300$ and started to do a great comeback. I was only at -40$ at the point this hand happened:

Button is semi pro. You guys probably don't know him, but he has made plenty of WSOP final tables and stuff. Gamblor at heart, can play Any Two Cards, but is extremely well post-flop. His main game is PLO8, but that doesn't mean that he's bad at Hold'em.

Hero is CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 limps, hero raises, Button 3-bets, blinds fold, limpers call, Hero calls.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Check, Hero bets, Button raises, limpers fold, Hero calls

Turn: Some blank like 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Button checks.

Mhmm, he's either on a draw too, or has an underpair and is glad to see a free card on WA/WB. I'm gonna bet the river no matter if the flush gets there to represent the Q (which is why I bet the flop originally, right?).

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets... Villain...

He thinks for a few moments, then says: "Very good thinking, trying to get me off my underpair. But you see, you bet without even looking at the river card. That King scares the hands that have a Q, so you would have to have thought for a second before betting it. Also, if you DID hit the king, you still have to LOOK at the river... You just bet without really looking at the river. I call" Pocket 9s, nice hand.

Obviously I'm a tell box. And often I sit there in a live game and think I'm a tell box. How do you work on tells. I am kinda good detecting tells in others, but when it comes to me... perhaps I'm really bad.

How do you work on YOUR tells?