Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Teen pregnancy (Or:I\'m too young to be a dad)

**Cliff notes**
My girlfriend thinks she might be pregnant, I have no idea what to think.
**Cliff notes**

We're both 17...I'll be 18 in a week and a half.

Well, the last 4 or 5 days my girlfriend has been feeling a little sick. I don't think she's had any vomiting, she's just nauseous.

We have sex probably once or twice a week on average. We ALWAYS use a condom(well...there was one time we didn't...but that was for 10-15 seconds, and it was months ago. Not a factor right now.) Anyways, we always use a condom. We always use it correctly. There was 1 time where I kept going after I ejaculated, maybe 5-7 seconds max.

So she's been feeling nauseous and whatnot since about Sunday. In addition to this she just "has a feeling" that she is pregnant. She isn't supposed to start her period until the beginning of the month, so it's still too early for a pregnancy test. I plan on buying a few though, and have her take one in a few days, then another near the end of the month.

I hate to post this here, everyone is probably just thinking "Wow nobody wants to read this [censored]" but I don't know who else to ask for advice or any knowledge on the subject. My friends know jack-[censored] about this kind of stuff, and I definitely can't ask my mom...her parents will kill us if we brought it up. especially since we aren't certain, we do not want to get them concerned if it's going to turn out fine.

She's definitely getting on birth control when we know for sure that she isn't pregnant.

What does OOT think? Pregnant, not pregnant? Anything I can do besides sit and sit for another week or two? I would really appreciate any kind of advice or anything you can tell me about the situation.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Teen pregnancy (Or:I\'m too young to be a dad)

This happened to me twice (apparently plastic bags are not good condoms, who knew), the first time it scared the [censored] out of me but nothing happened, the second time I just didn't care enough to get worked up about it. Some girls (especially 16-18 year old girls) just freak out about it, and if you've been using a condom correctly you really don't have to worry.

That said there's nothing you can do until you can take the test, so just try and relax a little bit and don't let it ruin your life until you find out she's pregnant.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:37 PM

"Dr. Pickles fun time abortion clinic. We'll bring out the kid in ya!"
Old 06-15-2007, 08:38 PM

Practice throwing her down the stairs until you know for sure
Old 06-15-2007, 08:39 PM

god women are dumb. don't worry about until she misses her period (which she will now that she's all worried about it).

then start saving for an abortion. if you're against that there's not much to say other than "congratulations"
Old 06-15-2007, 08:43 PM

I would start thinking about what to say to convince her to get an abortion. Seriously formulate a plan now!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:45 PM

If she isn't supposed to get her period until the beginning of next month and has been having the "I feel pregnant" feelings/nausea for nearly 1 week, I think it's unlikely that she's pregnant. That's almost three weeks (from last sunday to the beginning of the month) -- she likely wasn't fertile at the time.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:47 PM

Maybe she's just testing your reactions to see if you would be okay with her getting pregnant -- with or without your "consent" -- later.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:48 PM

Chicks do that as well. I knew a girl (16) who told me she had a kid, and kept the story up for like a week straight. I was pretty sure it wasn't true, but played into it until I felt it dragged on WAY too long and called her on it. She said she wanted to see how I'd react...

chicks are loco
Old 06-15-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I plan on buying a few though, and have her take one in a few days, then another near the end of the month.

[/ QUOTE ]

They ain't cheap, so unless you're a shipithollaballa, just wait and don't try using them too early.

I'm also not a fan of abortion, but I think it's pretty safe to say that at 18 and 17 years old, you two are in no condition to raise a baby. Definitely start thinking about possible actions you might have to take.