Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: River spot with 99

Also I give a 90% chance this hand doesn't get posted on here the 10% of the time the button has AQ.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: It\'s been fun

[ QUOTE ]
Lets just do a simple review here.

Online poker game.

Button raises. You call in the small blind with 99. Big blind calls.

Flop is QJx, you bet, big blind calls, button raises, you call, big blind calls.

Turn is a blank, you check, big blind checks, button bets.

How do you POSSIBLY think you are ahead 90% of the time in this situation? There is NO way you are ahead 90% of the time here when the button bets the turn. NO WAY

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Vehn. Don't no where online came from but, like most other assumptions here, it's wrong. It was live. I've played a lot with the villain and I know a long time live player like yourself knows how much that means.

I doubt you'll admit it makes a huge difference because I doubt you'll want to admit I could be right. But come on Vehn. Seriously. It's a world of difference.

90% is obviously an estimate. To say that's too much, no problem. Unlike others, I admit I could be off all the time.

But for you and other posters to sit at their computers and insist I'm behind way more often than I'm ahead, when I'm the one sitting in the game with this regular villain, it's seriously beyond ridiculous. How is that debatable?

Villain could have fckn 55 here and he's capable of playing it the same fckn way. I said he was an agro lag, but how would you know better than me to what extent? You can't be serious. Come on. It's amazing how people's perceptions of others cloud their judgements.

I'm taking on all the haters here who have no respect. Last thread from SA125.

Bring it fckn on.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
E hand: fold third

O hand: Had the best hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the E hand again. I didn't get into specifics, but with only 2 low cards out in a full game that hand is limpable and stealable.

O - wrong. It was a chop.

BTW - based on your recent 33 hand, I'd think you of all people would see where I'm coming from with the 99 hand.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:57 PM

I have a read on you that says the river is not the reason you are thinking about the hand a month later. 90%.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a read on you that says the river is not the reason you are thinking about the hand a month later. 90%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Rory. I'm surprised to see you join the haters but trust me when I say you're 100% wrong.

I thought it was one of those spots where c/ring the turn is correct but betting the river wasn't. But because I was calling it had me thinking. No more, no less.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:07 PM

Not a hater.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:11 PM

I wish Victor. I like Matt Damon's work and considering I have a lot less hair and could probably be his father, I wouldn't mind looking like him.

Funny thing, like every other NY poker player I do know Knish. The guy from the NY poker scene the character was based on. A buddy of mine. Nickname not really Knish.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SA125, can you give your thought process for flop+turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

That I most likely had the best hand on both streets.

I bet the flop fully expecting it to be raised. If the BB raised, he'd do this with a wide range and I'd continue based on Bn's action. If the Bn 3 bet I safely fold.

On the turn I c/r'd because I say it all the time. Only strong players do it when possibly light and I still thought I had the best hand. I thought I could get a better hand like JT-TT to fold in the BB and leave me with the Bn. It went as planned.

I posted because in review the river was tough and I hated the spot. If I c/r the turn, either bluffing or with the best hand, I want to bet the river. Here it made no sense.

He's not calling or folding a worse hand and I don't think he's bluffing enough to make a call worth it. Yet I was calling as a catcher anyway.

So I wanted some opinions and figured they might say "fold the river", which would probably be right. Instead it's 3 bet pf, yada, bs, you suck, you're a tard, it's an online game you can't know, you think you're great, yada. Oh well. Last thread.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obv button is free carding AK 90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also I give a 90% chance this hand doesn't get posted on here the 10% of the time the button has AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

90% sure you're leveling here Geormit and it's well done. Right on both accounts though. If he has AQ he'd almost always bet the river and I'd make the ATM hopeful bluffcatching call.

I've caught him on the river before. Not a lot but, as a strong player, he bets enough of the time thin for value or when it's the only way he can win.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:37 PM

This thread is very entertaining, here's hoping for 2+ pages.