Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 01:26 AM

Default 3 low content hands that are sorta interesting

Hand 1:

Second hand I play I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] actually they are black. I am at the Commerce 40-80 game.

I raise UTG+1 7handed. A "good" player CCs in the CO. A donky-looking player calls in the SB. The BB folds.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (actually its red) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] rainbow

check, I bet, call, call.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check, I bet, CO calls, SB raises, I 3bet, CO huffs and puffs and folds, SB 4bets, I 5 bet, SB says, "Is there no cap? (not heads up) Oh, then I raise" and 6bets. I call

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He bets, and I....

Hand 2:

REAL live one in the SB. His bets/raises/calls mean next to nothing. Every other player at this table recognizes this. Also, they recognize that us 3 players on his immediate left are raising/3betting him lightly.

I open raise 99 UTG+1, 2 cold calls behind, and Sb calls.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, I raise, HJ and BTN CC, SB 3bets, I cap, all call.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets, I raise, BTN CCs, SB calls

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Sb checks, I bet, Btn raises, SB folds, I grab a handful of chips approximating 8 and hatefully throw them in the pot and get shown....

Hand 3: (SB in this hand is a pro I've played with many times before. Initials CB, last name Bayona. Looks like a 35-year old Mexican, but is actually 47 (I lost a bet)
Poster looks at me and asks if I chop. I confusedly look around and see that the donkey from hand 2 has not only not raised, he's actually folded!!! SB says he chops, but I'm a badass and so I don't chop. I inform him of this and then raise. They both call. Oh, I happen to have TT in the majors.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, poster calls, SB raises, I call, poster calls.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets, in my stunned state of "oh my god, I have quads, I can't lose this hand." I continue with my plan and raise making the split-second decision to hope that A) the poster will continue to draw to his str8/flush anyway and B) that SB actually has 66/55.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: 3 low content hands that are sorta interesting

Hand 1: I just call here. You have a monster but he SIX BET the turn. He could have Q9 but he's sure as hell representing quads. Call.

Hand 2: 78c?

Hand 3: I like it. There are TONS of draws out there, and your best bet to make real money in the hand is raising here.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(SB in this hand is a pro I've played with many times before. Initials CB, last name Bayona. Looks like a 35-year old Mexican, but is actually 47 (I lost a bet)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. My. God. Don't tell me it's the guy who sits down at a table every single session, looks around, finds a mark, and asks that guy (always the youngest player at the table), "I'll bet you... 2 big blinds... that I'm at least... oh, 15 years older than you."

He's been doing this for a couple years, and he's even done it twice to me (I never take the bait) forgetting that he's tried it on me before. Did you actually fall for this crap bet? The only thing making me wonder if it's the same guy is that this dude didn't look Mexican. But I know he's 47. (He was 45-46 when I first played with him).

I even wrote a thread about this guy and his lame prop bets. The second time he tried it, I replied, "How about this: I'll bet YOU 4 big blinds that I can guess your exact age!" And he frowned and goes, "Do I know you?"
Old 05-01-2007, 05:42 AM

HA! yeah that's the one. We bet $20 that he wasn't 47, but I pretty much knew he was telling the truth. I was just "calling his bluff" for the fun of it. I threw him two chips, he threw them back, I said, "ah well take one," and threw one back. He talked about how he would use that to make real money some times. Yeah, that's the guy. Really nice guy. Off and on good poker player. He'll do some donkey stuff, but he generally knows the game.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:07 AM

I would raise some more in hand 1. I dont' know how many more since I'm tired and about to go to bed but I don't know, 4 bet the river call a 5th?

Hand 2, 87? Seems like too obvious an answer though but I'll go with that.

Hand 3: Yeah that's what I think you should do on the turn.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:20 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Hand 1: perfect

Hand 2: I'm going with A5

Hand 3: duh
Old 05-01-2007, 06:22 AM

More raising in hand 1, K5o/straight/no pair/some random 5 in that order of likelihood in hand 2, raise raise raise raise hand 3.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:45 AM

hand 1: call, surprised by how many people want to spew more.
hand 2: KK obv
hand 3: looks good
Old 05-01-2007, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: perfect

[/ QUOTE ]

How can hand 1 be "perfect" when am staring at his chips trying to decide whether to squeeze one more bet out of Q9 or Saving 2 bets to his 99? (or squeezing 2 more bets out of Q9 and I just call). What do you think here? Is it worth one more raise or not? When he 4bet me on the turn I was giggling like a schoolgirl, but that 6bet definitely made me raise my read from A9/66 to 66/Q9. Is it time to wimp out and call with the second nuts or do we make him raise our read one more time to Q9/99. AND!!! Are we just calling a 3bet or do we have a little more gamboooool and a little less respect for your average Commerce 40/80 fish?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: I'm going with A5

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner! Winner! I couldn't believe it. How could he hold onto A5 for 4 bets on the flop (2 at a time) and call 2 cold on the turn?? AND THEN!!! think hitting the 5 was good enough to raise???