Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Game selection at High stakes

Hi,

I have grinded the stars 10/20 game for most of the year. I play 100% at stars. I don't have rakeback at FT due to stupidness. I think I have an account at AP, but I haven't used it in more than a year. I don't have an account at UB or cake.

The last month or so, I took a shot at the 15 and 30 games and I have ran well. I still have some building before I'm properly rolled to move up permanently. I've been paying a lot more attention to game/seat selection esp in the 30/60 because the competition is somewhat tougher than 10/20. I've been pleased with the game quality and fish population, but often times the game is not good at all.

My question is: how much am I missing out by playing at stars 100%? Is it critical to spread your play on multiple sites in search of the best games? Will it become a serious factor at 50/100+? How many of you play exclusively at one site at these stakes?

I like stars but I feel like I'm missing good opportunities by restricting myself to one site. I'm also scared of getting involved in p2p transfers after reading so many horror stories in the zoo.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Game selection at High stakes

I think it's pretty damn important for you to play on more than one site. Think about it this way -- if someone randomly told you you could only play games on stars with a table name of even number of letters, how pissed would you be? Well, restricting yourself from playing the games that go on FT is just halving or so the number of tables you can select from...... game selection is really really important and one of the most overlooked skills out there. Just open an account with rakeback on a friends name.....
Old 10-24-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Game selection at High stakes

I play exclusively on FTP. I am also thinking about getting onto Stars, and might be willing to do a trade with you.